Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i see a lot of similarity in the layout and structure of digitalcorvettes.com compared to the stuffy politically correct ''other site''. just curious if the sites have a common origin or are related in any way. i'm not tying to cause trouble here. just wondering.

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
if you look clear down at the bottom of the screen you'll see "powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.4." The visual similarities are attributed to the same forum software being used as the structure for the site. Lots of forums use the same stuff.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
493 Posts
I hate to resurect an old thread, but Ive not run across the history of DC anywhere. If theres a thread could someone point it out?

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
huh, that's a good point. Hey Patrick, you want to fill us in on a quick history?

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
One night Patrick got drunk and felt he could make a better forum than CF...he was right.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
:laughing: Something like that.

By now "why" I started DC has started to blend with how "glad" I am that I started DC.

Here is a small take on it...
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=884337#post884337

Nice story Patrick.

This forum is the reason why I got back into the "Corvette" fever.
Most clubs and dealers up here didn't have near as much info. on the hobby.It's great to be able to get answers directly from fellow Corvette lovers who are glad to help....Thanks again Patrick for not selling out ........for now...:cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Nice story Patrick.

This forum is the reason why I got back into the "Corvette" fever.
Most clubs and dealers up here didn't have near as much info. on the hobby.It's great to be able to get answers directly from fellow Corvette lovers who are glad to help....Thanks again Patrick for not selling out ........for now...:cheers:
$4 million and all you'll see is tire smoke. :rolling:

·
Registered
943 Posts
I say up it to 5 mil. Just my opinion.
But hell we see tire smoke now and burnt rubber, and tire wells, and.....

5 Mil

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I think I can speak for everyone and say "Thanks" for starting DC:partyon:

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
:laughing: Something like that.

By now "why" I started DC has started to blend with how "glad" I am that I started DC.

Here is a small take on it...
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=884337#post884337
Patrick,
Thank you sooooo much for starting this site. You can't imagine how bad things got on the CF after it sold. Guys who used to post jokes every Friday got bumped to the politics section, and some who complained were banned. I was banned " for life" for "no reason given". I had over 3000 posts in one year. I had posted dozens of pictures of my 66 corvette to help people with problems. I helped many people with broken tap problems, something we deal with every day in my machine shop. I told people where to get the materials and spelled out how to make mesh driving light covers when no one could find them. The thanks I got from the site mederators was "banned for life no reason given". :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
713 Posts
$4 million and all you'll see is tire smoke. :rolling:
I hate to say this but, I would understand if you sold out for 1 million.If you can get 4 it's great AND if you don't sell it's even better...:thumbsup: .......:cheers:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Actually this place didn't get cool till I started blogging:D

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Patrick couldn't sell out for 4 million. He would run through that in a year................On tires.:rolling:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts