Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its official.... 249hp.. 252 ft lbs torq... right about where I Was think It has a little miss in it.. I think with new plugs and wires and the cam package and a little porting I Could hit 300...Looks like I have a new goal to hit... Ill be working a little extra OT to try and get the extra money for the new mods..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Did you change to some long tube headers.
I would be very very interested in the results of a Lt4 hot cam swap.
If you are going to go with the hot cam all youneed is the cam and roller rockers the zz4 already comes with the right springs.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:agree:you got some horses hiding somewhere. Auto or stick?
Auto.... I may try and do the elec fans the same time i do the cam... while its apart anyway... this won be til after the new year..

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you change to some long tube headers.
I would be very very interested in the results of a Lt4 hot cam swap.
If you are going to go with the hot cam all youneed is the cam and roller rockers the zz4 already comes with the right springs.
No I have the sanderson shortys..the car is so low in the front i worry about long tubes hitting .....

Ill be getting the cam package with everything.. I want all new in there..

Like I said I was looking for like 275-300 maybe.. so the 250 isnt to far off.. so its getting there,,

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Also the 395 hp number was produced using a Edlebrock performer rpm intake and a mech secondary carb according to the old Sally chevy sight.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also the 395 hp number was produced using a Edlebrock performer rpm intake and a mech secondary carb according to the old Sally chevy sight.
Was thinking about a new intake too.. guess id need the drop base for the air cleaner with a different intake too..

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One more cookie for the jar...not all dyno measurements are the same. I think you got missing hp somewhere too.:thumbsup:
:thumbsup: Yeah Tom I was thinking the same thing... But not much.. its 360 rated and like said thats with the rpm intake..

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice looking car and ready to unleash the hidden HP :partyon:
Thanks man. Its still a work in progress...The never ending money pit..LOL

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I was to go to a different manifold which airgap should I go with.. ? ? stock hood. ? ? and going to install the hot cam. ? ?

Also going to do a msd dist too...? ???

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
You know I dont think they used a air gap manifold.
I had to have a 4 inch L 88 style scoop bonded to my stock hood the Edlebrock performer RPM is about 3/4 of an inch taller than stock.
Can you shut your stock hood with the zz4 manifold and carb and air cleaner if so add about 3/4 of a inch.
On my zz4 based engine I have tried to use every trick to maintain as much power as possible under drive surpitine pulleys,153 25 pound steel flywheel.,No P/S A/C or mech fan,long tubes and true duals.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You know I dont think they used a air gap manifold.
I had to have a 4 inch L 88 style scoop bonded to my stock hood the Edlebrock performer RPM is about 3/4 of an inch taller than stock.
Can you shut your stock hood with the zz4 manifold and carb and air cleaner if so add about 3/4 of a inch.
On my zz4 based engine I have tried to use every trick to maintain as much power as possible under drive surpitine pulleys,153 25 pound steel flywheel.,No P/S A/C or mech fan,long tubes and true duals.
well after cutting the stud on the air cleaner. seems i have a lot of room under the hood.. but what about a drop base air cleaner ? wouldnt that make it so you can fit under stock hood.. ? ?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
There must be a considerable amount of space between cars and years because Like you I have heard of people being able to close there stock hood over a stock zz4 with only a drop base air cleaner.
On my car using a Edlebrock performer RPM,,half inch spacer,2 carb gaskets,Holley 770 and 2 and 3/4 drop base air cleaner there is only about 1/4 of an inch left under the 4 inch scoop.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There must be a considerable amount of space between cars and years because Like you I have heard of people being able to close there stock hood over a stock zz4 with only a drop base air cleaner.
On my car using a Edlebrock performer RPM,,half inch spacer,2 carb gaskets,Holley 770 and 2 and 3/4 drop base air cleaner there is only about 1/4 of an inch left under the 4 inch scoop.
I have it on my list of things to do today is to see how much room i have under there... When the mechanic did my motor install they didnt cut the stud and they cekp slamming my hood and couldnt figure out why....well the stud was hitting.. so now i have a nice little mark on my hood... heck if i could find a different hood i may even go that route,,,

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
That little mark will make a good point to measure off of to cut your hood

1 - 20 of 30 Posts