Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nahh couldn't do it. Be afraid of it hitting the ground on a launch.

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Sorry have a C6 and don't know C4s people with hitch.

There are quite a few who have hitches for the race track tires though.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Get a hitch cover :D

http://www.zip-corvette.com/ProductDetails/ProductDetails.aspx?pid={743f79eb-36b4-49f9-8fa7-f28d5f4c2669}&gid={f9205d5a-fc5b-415a-8107-4a0d7de3a7b5}&GroupName=Misc.+Exterior+Accessories&pname=C4+Corvette+Hitch+Cover&Referer=&Alias=&ptct=SGR-SR&CTitle=&

But they do exist:

Even in C6

You can also drive it in the snow if you want :smack

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Fluffy ... Finally a direct answer to my question without the bullsh*t comments.

Have a nice day, sir. :thumbsup:

Peace

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sorry you feel that way.

Your question was simply "hitch or no hitch?" so I answered the question fully and honestly. Your welcome for my bullsh*t comment.

Not angry in above statement, just saying.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome, and for the story I do drive in the snow and for real :devil:

Looks to me that be a burnout you attempted. I can do my burnouts in the rain though. :spanked::nuts::smack
:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

Good luck with your bike rack Oldvettedude. Sorry I don't have any helpful info for ya on this one. Drive out to Cali and we'll fab something up for ya.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts

I'm only doing this so I can haul by Carbon Fiber Orbea TT.

:surprised

That's one nice fat tire machine. :hump:

Dont blame ya, dude.

I used to be heavy into MTB alot, and I hated it when he staging lot was filled with Z06's and XLR's with swanky bike racks and none are available for the C4's

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Your question was simply "hitch or no hitch?" so I answered the question fully and honestly. Your welcome for my bullsh*t comment.

Not angry in above statement, just saying.
His actual question is how to put his bike on the Corvette; to which he has several solutions:

1. Install a hitch
2. Install a bike rack.

I answered his question with regards to a hitch because I believe it to be the most effective and least damaging solution to the problem.

He can install a bike rack that attaches via straps but my experience is that it will damage the paint. As such I wouldn't recommend it on a Corvette.

The bike rack with straps is something I have used on a beater with worn out paint.

Alternative is to put the bike in the trunk, I would try that out.

On a side note I know someone who installed a bike rack on the roof of his Corvette.

Several options for the rack:

this fellow took an old and scratched roof:

Regards,

Cédric

·
Registered
223 Posts
His actual question is how to put his bike on the Corvette; to which he has several solutions:

1. Install a hitch
2. Install a bike rack.

I answered his question with regards to a hitch because I believe it to be the most effective and least damaging solution to the problem.

Regards,

Cédric
Oh, must have read between the lines, sorry.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts