Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy holidays DC! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with their family and friends!

I come today with a little bit of uncertainty concerning the throttle linkages on a late model C3 ('79) with a Holley SA 670 carb. I am replacing an Edelbrock carb so the throttle bracket has been replaced. I have a set of studs and ball assemblies but I am not exactly sure where on the throttle arm everything connects. I also have an automatic transmission so I believe I have the correct kick down bracket.

Ultimately, I am wondering if anyone whom has a Holley may have some pictures of their cables and links which I could use for reference. I made an attempt to contact Holley's Support Dept but they are still closed for the holiday. I also performed several searches on the forum but could not find anything, so I apologize if I missed a previous thread where this may have been discussed. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Not sure if this will be much help. I have a Holley 800 double pumper on mine. Look in "My Corvette Photos" (to the left) for a shot called "Air Gap Top View". Hope it helps.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ive got a 670 sa on the motor in my truck. I kinda rigged up a linkage, but I dont much care for it. I haven't driven the truck yet so its no big deal. I would however like to find a good throttle cable bracket. So yeah, Im really hoping you get an answer on this one fine79.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
XS-Style, I was unable to locate the actual Holley bracket (part #20-88) locally. So I picked up a universal throttle bracket at the local parts store. It looks like it will get the job done but the quality does not appear to be suitable for long term.

The throttle cable seemed to slide right in, as well as the transmission kickdown cable. The next thing I need to try and figure out is how to connect the cruise control vacuum linkage. So if anyone has a Holley with everything connected appropriately, I would like to know what cable brackets you used, which ball/stud assemblies and which throttle arm holes were used. Thanks again :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts