Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a few holleys on several old Vettes and Camaros. It just seems like you have to tinker with them quite often. I have read forums where people switch to Edelbrock to get an adjustment free carburetor. I mentioned this at my local speed shop, and they laughed at me. Their response was to get an edelbrock if I am driving a "granny car" and a Holley for serious power. Right now, I have a big block 1968 Corvette that I drive on the street. I like to flex it's muscles from time to time, but I will most likely never take it to the drag strip. If I did, it would be on grudge night just to see what kind of times that I could get.
My questions for anyone who has a knowledge and experience with both Holleys and Edelbrocks.
1) How do the power and responsiveness compare between two equal CFM carbs?
2) Are Edelbrocks virtually hassel free as advertised?
3) In general, is the money saved on an edelbrock worth it?
4) Pound for pound, dollar for dollar which one is simply the best all around carburetor?

·
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove
5,157 Posts
I prefer Holley, but that comes from way back in the day (late 1970s) when I had my '65 coupe. I had a kit with different jets, power valves, secondary springs, and accelerator pump nozzles that I used to tune the carburetors I ran on that car.

If I needed to buy a carb for an older Corvette, my only choice would be Holley.

Steven

1 - 2 of 2 Posts