Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I can't help but wonder what makes a person think, "I have this great looking L88 C3. I think I'll strip the body off and show the bones around the circuit." I mean, it's interesting....but seems like a waste to me. :huh:

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't help but wonder what makes a person think, "I have this great looking L88 C3. I think I'll strip the body off and show the bones around the circuit." I mean, it's interesting....but seems like a waste to me. :huh:
Yea, especially as the first one is a really nice job, lots of time involved, probably more than a complete restoration. Although I can't understand how they got green overspray on the frame after taking so much time to make it all that clean. Even looks like it could be spray can zinc chromate! :thud:
But anyway, it is a colossal waste of a nice car. I'm hoping it was a factory exercise. Now that would be worth some bucks!
The good thing however, is that it's very helpful for guys like me in a restoration process to view it all from this vantage point.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have some close up pics of the door/window stuff i took last year while i was redoing my window regulators.

Can not remember where i took them tho, think it was at Bloomingtion Gold, in Champaign Ill.

Very nice car, lots to look at..

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
I think people with too much money get bored and feel the need to impress others with their new ideas! :laughing:
Save
Save

1 - 11 of 11 Posts