Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been on here is a long while and when I posted in Matt383’s thread I saw these replies after I posted:
Holy crap, it's -=Jeff=-! Where the hell you been mang? :laughing:
Hey Budro, how they hangin'?
So where have I been? Busy…
I have been a bit burnt out on the forums, I do try to visit DC and CF and guru but don’t post as much.. On the corvette side I main can be found of the ZR-1 Registry Forum.. I can’t remember the last update I posted here as to my car, but I have changed the interior a bit, bought a new Headunit, I have new repro 49th street rockers coming for it, have a set of rear brakes to install..

94-96 style hush panel:

Added Pioneer App Radio 2

Last time I saw Junkman was Bloomington Gold 2010 (maybe on the Thursday of the 2011 show) but in 2011 I was at Scout camp with my son, 2012 I was in Florida.. 2013 I went Friday for the day and did not see many people I knew. I have been going to more cruise nights and local shows as I can although this year I got to 3 I think maybe 4, last year I got to more it seems

Right now, my kids seem to take up a lot of my time, My daughter is now 8 and my son is 11. While my wife does the dance and Girl Scout things with my daughter, I assistant coach her soccer team this is my second year with her team as assistant. She does recreation only, no travel but it keeps me busy. I coached my son’s team for the last 2 years Assistant then head coach, also Soccer, but he retired from that this year. His new activity that he enjoys is swimming.. this started on a recreation team in the summer but he is on a club/travel team so practice is Mon-Fri in the evening and Sunday morning. So I spend a lot of time watching him swim laps.. Approx 2000-2500 yards per day.
He has also finishing cub scouts; I am his Den leader and Cubmaster. I also run his pack’s Pinewood Derby. He is a Webelos II and has just made super achiever and has completed all the activity pins as well as completed all the requirements for Arrow of Light. I am quite proud of him and looking forward to him moving on to Boys Scouts and for me to take a short break from the leadership role so he can feel more comfortable with the scout in his new patrol and the idea that I will not always be at his side.

SO that is where I have been mostly :D

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Welocme back, Jeff! Your description of life is exactly why it was 28 years between my second and third Corvettes. Sounds like you love being with your kids. Good for you! Building a relationship with them and raising them to be good people is the most important thing you will ever do. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
Welocme back, Jeff! Your description of life is exactly why it was 28 years between my second and third Corvettes. Sounds like you love being with your kids. Good for you! Building a relationship with them and raising them to be good people is the most important thing you will ever do. :thumbsup:
:agree:

God, family, then Vette. I have always said I would sell that thing if it ever brought a frown to my wifes face. Luckily for me she loves it too.

My kids are all teenage drivers or grown and moved out and one married. I have 5 kids and the only girl is getting married in April. :thud:

So I know what you are talking about. Glad your back especially since I am relatively new and can meet you for the first time.
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Jeff done went and got a life and moved to the upper east side! :laughing:

Man, keep on keepin' on! Family is a precious thing and you definitely want to do it right the first time. Thanks for letting us in on the happenings in your life and know that a seat at the DC table is always reserved for you whenever you drop in. We will need to hook up again in the future, just to get our grub on. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Jeff,

Thanks for stopping by my house Friday, I wish we had more time to talk.

I understand the life issues and corvette ownership. As you know my car took way too much time and money and became less fun and more of a burden and drain.

I have no kids but I take care of my dementia Mom now and I swear it's just like having kids except she gets worse with time not better.

I have been building a radio station as well and we go on the air in December. The 354' tower was completed last week.

So between my mom, my wife, the station, my work, I cannot have that kind of car anymore.

seems like yesterday when Patrick, you, me, bubblehead, ZR don were at some race track when Patrick said that he was going to start his own corvette site.

Anyway, good seeing you. We should try to have a Brat Stop spring thaw again in February.

Talk soon.

Matt

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeff,

I have been building a radio station as well and we go on the air in December. The 354' tower was completed last week.

Talk soon.

Matt
What kind of music/station will it be? What frequency and what areas will get it?

Sounds like fun

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Good to hear from you -=Jeff=-!!!!!

Up know all about the kids taking up your time. Tons of fun. The main reason my car tends to sit so much. Keep in touch.:thumbsup:

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know, ther was another big thing that happened..

I changed jobs in August and work for a compnay with less then 100 people which is different then the bigger ompanies I have been at.

I have gone rom working within a company to being a system integrator that goes into companies to help solve problems

so far it has been cool and I do like it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts