Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting the Z back tonight. Its been at the shop getting new valve springs, new rockers, new tires and a few other ancillary items that I would not otherwise have time to do.

Can't wait. The weather is supposed to be nice this week except for Wednesday so I plan on taking her to work.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She's running great. The biggest improvement has to be the new tires and alignment. I do not have the tramlining problems like I did before. I cannot say if its the tires or the new alignment. Whichever it was, man the car is so much nicer to drive now. I also had the longer rear bolts replaced with factory bolts and had the rear end raised up just a bit. The car doesn't ride as rough now.

Overall I'm pleased and happy that winter is over.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,761 Posts
It is supposed to be nice all weekend. Perfect for driving

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
She's running great. The biggest improvement has to be the new tires and alignment. I do not have the tramlining problems like I did before. I cannot say if its the tires or the new alignment. Whichever it was, man the car is so much nicer to drive now. I also had the longer rear bolts replaced with factory bolts and had the rear end raised up just a bit. The car doesn't ride as rough now.

Overall I'm pleased and happy that winter is over.

Yeah its nice putting some new rubber on and then taking the vette out for a drive

I just put new rubber on all the way around and it made a big difference in the way the car handles

What kind of tires did you go with ??

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah its nice putting some new rubber on and then taking the vette out for a drive

I just put new rubber on all the way around and it made a big difference in the way the car handles

What kind of tires did you go with ??
Went with Nitto Invos.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Couple pics of the new ride height. I like it. No more negative rake. :thumbsup:

Next thing to change, those LOOK AT ME red calipers. The red is outta here. I'm going to paint them black first and see how I like it and how it holds up.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Went with Nitto Invos.
ahhhh Nitto's Always a winner

Good choice :thumbsup:

The Decals look good mann

And the rims really pop nice as well

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:agree: I personally like the splash of red
I hear ya. I did too, but for some reason its just iritating me now. It just doesn't go with the theme of the car.

I had thought about going with silver to match the car, but after I saw a few pics of them on silver cars with black wheels, it didn't look like what I thought it would.

Who knows I may end up hating the black and then trying silver or even going back to red. Really nothing to lose since its just paint. I'm not springing for powder coated calipers at this point.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ahhhh Nitto's Always a winner

Good choice :thumbsup:

The Decals look good mann

And the rims really pop nice as well
I've heard good and bad on the Nittos. I have no point of reference since the tires that came on the car when I bought it (pirelli p zeros) were already shot. I figured I'd take a chance on them since they were considerably cheaper than some of the alternatives.

I've put maybe 80 miles on the car and its breath of fresh air compared to before. But again that is a combination of the tires, alignment and raising the rear.

And just in case anyone is interested below are my before and after alignment specs.

Before
Front L R
Camber -1.7 -1.0
Caster 6.2 7.2
Toe 0.5 0.6

Rear L R
Camber -1.0 -0.7
Toe 0.25 0.03

After
Front L R
Camber -0.6 -0.6
Caster 8.0 8.1