Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to get a foam gun for a while now, hopefully I will pick one up next month. But like they say, necessity is the mother of invention! :D
With that said...this is what I came up with...
I took the head unit off a bottle of a grass fertilizer, cleaned it real good, and screwed it on a spray bottle I have; the results, my own homemade foam gun! :smack
This is what it looks like: (just washed the car with the soap, rinsed, and dried -nothing more-) Just had to test it on my own car...
Notice it has its own shut-off dial valve (in blue) :laughing:

The results were ok. I was pleased that it worked like I thought it would. However, the suds action could've been better. I have poured about an ounce of a diluted 50/50 Duragloss Car Shampoo with water to experiment, probably an inch of the total diluted solution into the bottle
Next time, I'm going to use the carwash soap in its concentrated form, now that I know it will work
Here's some pics of its work...

And here are some afters...

I was able to do the whole car with the little solution I had in the spray bottle. Since this was experimental, and didn't know how it was going to turn out, I diluted the carwash shampoo, as to not waste it all if it didn't work. :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It works great. I've tried it again today with soap concentrate and really dressed the car in a nice foam. :D

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

love the color:smack looks the best when its clean like that

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks great man...great idea. I've been using a foam master gun for years...can't beat it. Unless the car is really dirty I do the same thing with the gun spray it with heavy foam on setting 5, let it set for a few minutes, srpay it again on setting 3 or 4, rinse throughly and dry. Comes out great every time. Your right though when you put the solution into the bottle, the best way I found was to put a little water into the bottle first and then add 2 to four ounces of undiluted car wash and sloush it around a bit. Works great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts