Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My dad and I removed the hood, to fix the headlights of our '64 Corvette. So, we well.. kinda replaced the headlights:laughing: We only needed to add the microswitches (previous owner removed them..), but we ended up replacing almost every single part of it:D. Today we wanted to mount the hood back in place and go for a ride, but we can't get it to fit. It used to be in line with the fenders, just how it should, so we put it back where it used to be mounted (we marked some spots) and figured it would be ok... NOT! At first it would go through the windshield:laughing:. Not that much of a problem, we just adjusted it and figured it would be ok now. Nope, the front of the hood sits about 1+cm (3/8") higher than the front clip! But whatever we try, we can't get it down. And, as you all know, DC is pretty helpful, so who can tell me if (and how) you can adjust this? Any help is appreciated!!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
You didn't happen to drop any shims when you removed it, did you? Most of them have a couple of shims between the mounting plate and the hood to adjust it vertically. Fiberglass does tend to vary, to they had to be fitted individually. Mine has 3 shims on one side and none on the other. It varies widely.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, no shims at all at both sides... It's kinda hard to figure this one out I guess...

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Did you leave it sitting on an irregular surface? These things CAN warp...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back of the hood fits perfect (and I mean perfect)..:thumbsup:

We just put in on a blanket in the corner of the garage and it's only been there for like.. 3 days, you think it can warp that fast?:thud: Plz no.. we'll have trouble getting it back in shape then:lookinup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts