Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people painted or had someone else paint their hoodliner? I have seen some before and seen that alot of people make it a custom look by painting the C5 emblem and then putting a Checkered flag background hehind the C5 emblem. Just curious what you all did? Post pics please. TIA

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
I've left mine alone. I have seen several and for the most part they look like crap. I don't know it the few good ones were really better job or materials or just recently done. if I was going to do anything I would have the local auto upholstery shop stitch me one out of matching vinyl and install it

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
A few local guys have them and they look great.

The story I got was some lady airbrushes the hood liners for each customer. And each one is unique to the customer and what they want.

I'll ask around and see if I can dig up a name for you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Had mine done by a lovely lady named Paula. She works out of Texas and will get the right design for you through email contact. She is not cheep, but it will be beautiful when you get it and in my opinion if you want yours to really stand out, its worth it. Her address is [email protected]. She also has a web site showing a lot of her work. http://community.webshots.com/user/paulasartwork Ask if you have any questions! Here is a pic of mine that she did for me!

:thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
jimbonic said:
Here is a pic of mine that she did for me!

:thumbsup:

Like I said, most look like crap. But Jim, yours looks really awesome. Paula looks like she does some good work:thumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
Like I said, most look like crap. But Jim, yours looks really awesome. Paula looks like she does some good work:thumbsup:
Thanks Torch Red, she is really the best I have seen. I have seen a couple done by the owners that looked pretty good, but not when they are next to any of Paula's originals! It looks even better in person!

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
Jim, I haven't checked out her site yet but I plan on it. Do you ship your liner to her. Will she take your idea and "improve" on it? Does she give you a rough idea what the finished piece will look like? I imagine she answers most of this on her site. Just thought I'd ask.

Torch

·
Registered
58 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
Jim, I haven't checked out her site yet but I plan on it. Do you ship your liner to her. Will she take your idea and "improve" on it? Does she give you a rough idea what the finished piece will look like? I imagine she answers most of this on her site. Just thought I'd ask.

Torch
She includes a new liner in the price and can do anything from a simple painting of just the logo or go all out and do something to the whole liner. We probably had about 20 emails back and forth from start to finish. It starts with an idea that either you or she has and you both build on it till you both agree what it should look like. I started out telling her I liked something American that would go good with my color of car. A friend got one done by her (Truck Guy) and he had a flag done that looks great. I then asked if she could do an eagle in the background of the logo and she thought it would look to "cramped" so she offered putting it down below. It still needed something so she suggested the ribbons. She will send pics of the progress all along the way if you want too! Check out Tabasco's liner on her page too really see how much detail she can do! Best bet would be to take a shot of the liner and sort of photochop some design on it to see how it looks and send it off to her to see if its doable. Let me know if you need anything else!:cool:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
Thanks Jim. Have a good one. Torch

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
Noel at Autobuffs also does incredible hoodliners. You should contact him. Not only that but he is certified by GM to do them, Paula isnt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts