Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, it's been a minute....well pulled my hood release and just the left side unlocked. I'm not hearing any movement on the right side. I would snap the left back in and repeat the process, but the right stays engaged :WTF......any suggestions, please....:cheers: thank you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
hood

Sounds like the cross cable let loose. There is an access hole right behind the latch. (Kind of in the fire wall, down in the well where the wipers are) There should be a rubber plug, pop it out and you can slide a screwdriver in and manually release it.
I am sure others can tell you more. Good luck!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like the cross cable let loose. There is an access hole right behind the latch. (Kind of in the fire wall, down in the well where the wipers are) There should be a rubber plug, pop it out and you can slide a screwdriver in and manually release it.
I am sure others can tell you more. Good luck!

Thanks 1...but, I'm looking down in the well, and along my fire wall all I'm seeing is the housing for the wipers (anchored by a nut) and the two screws the hold it from the inside....but no rubber plug anywhere and I'm looking from both sides.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
...the color is called a "Dark Claret" from my understanding, there where only 583 made in that color in '82...
The Corvette Black Book shows 853 in Dark Claret. Dark Claret was also used as the lower color on the silver and dark claret two tone 82s.

It's a nice color and looks good in sun light.

:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts