Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 coupe and purchased the underhood year display placard sometime ago. Has anyone had problems with getting this piece to stick? Its really frustrating, I've tried velcroing and new double-sided sticky tape, nothing seems to hold this piece in place for very long. Any Idea's...

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Have you tried the black rubber double sided tape. It's the type that's made by 3M and it's for moulding.
The foam type sticky tape doesn't hold near as well.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I have a 2003 coupe and purchased the underhood year display placard sometime ago. Has anyone had problems with getting this piece to stick? Its really frustrating, I've tried velcroing and new double-sided sticky tape, nothing seems to hold this piece in place for very long. Any Idea's...
You have to make sure that the area is spotless before you use the tape or it won't hold. Welcome to the forum by the way. :buhbye:

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I have had trouble in the past with Velcro coming loose from where it sticks to the hood (due to heat over time).What I did is remove the velcro adhesive from the velcro side that sticks to the hood using 3M Adhesive Remover and then applied 3M Weatherstrip Adhesive to both the hood and velcro before attaching - now it is there to stay!.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank-you all for your response, I'll try these various remedies and hopefully they'll work. Junkman2008 - Thank-you for the welcome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts