Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone with all of your help and technical know how. :cheers:
I changed the oil & filter put just 6qt's in,changed the breather on pass side back to a breather with a nipple and ran it to the base of the carb air breather,put the oil fill plug in the front pass side and put a better baffle on the pcv.went and put about another 10 miles on car tonight and i'm happy to report that the breather lines and pcv are "DRY" :excited:
Now the back of the pan still drips sometimes,so talking with Tim tonight before i rip the pan off he told me of something i have forgot about,sometimes those pans are not quite perfect or have a small dent in the sealing lip,so tommorow or after the car cools down,i'm going to take a drift and tap around the part that leaks and see if that cures my sometimes drip sometimes not.:thumbsup: :devil:

And oh yeah HeartAttack runs great ecspecially once you get beyond 2500rpm :devil:

Kevin

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Thanks to everyone with all of your help and technical know how. :cheers:
I changed the oil & filter put just 6qt's in,changed the breather on pass side back to a breather with a nipple and ran it to the base of the carb air breather,put the oil fill plug in the front pass side and put a better baffle on the pcv.went and put about another 10 miles on car tonight and i'm happy to report that the breather lines and pcv are "DRY" :excited:
Now the back of the pan still drips sometimes,so talking with Tim tonight before i rip the pan off he told me of something i have forgot about,sometimes those pans are not quite perfect or have a small dent in the sealing lip,so tommorow or after the car cools down,i'm going to take a drift and tap around the part that leaks and see if that cures my sometimes drip sometimes not.:thumbsup: :devil:

And oh yeah HeartAttack runs great ecspecially once you get beyond 2500rpm :devil:

Kevin
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just keep telling myself
I'm gonna win.....I'm gonna win.... I'm gonna win.... :laughing:

:WTF Is that drip over there :rolling: :rolling: :thud:

Kevin

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Those friggin vette drips are the hardest to get rid of...oil pan, power steering system, trans, rear..............:nuts:

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
D.C. comes through again! Glad you are back to your original leak problem...:lookinup:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:huh:
I always thought those drips were just my shark's way of marking its territory...
Well in that case my vette has been marking clay county pretty darn good,maybe thats why i never see any other vettes around here :devil:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
D.C. comes through again! Glad you are back to your original leak problem...:lookinup:
:laughing: one oil problem down one to go,but it will be fixed soon,if i just keep telling myself that :rolling: :rolling:
Think i will threaten it with a big hammer that usually works.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lifted the front of the car,took a drift to the oil pan seal where it is drip'n,let it down started it and nothing :thumbsup: but i don't get excited yet let it set there and run for a few min's revved it up a couple times,and still no drip :thumbsup: :thumbsup: so i take it out for a drive about 8 miles,pull back into the garage leave it running look under the car and drip.......drip :nuts:
well its slower than before :laughing: so i will try it again later after cools down and take the drift to the pan again :thud:

:bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Just replaced the pan gasket on my C4... thank God for one piece design and neoprene material! (Just to think, I could have been scraping cork:thud: )

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One peice is good stuff,thats what i have on my pan,but i think with a little more persuasion that oil pan will stop leaking,if it knows whats good for it :nuts: or it will be the trash can for that pan and i will get another :devil:

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Great news!! Hope ya kill that oil leak!

Just remind Heart Attack, she's not a Hardly-Running Davidson!

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:laughing: I may need to give it another remider,maybe a bigger hammer :laughing: oh the oil leak will lose if i have to drop the tranny and pan :thud:

Maybe if i could get that pretty young lady in your Avatar to pose by my car it would help,well it would at least help me :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts