Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corvette Fever mag has some info I want to pass along, hope it's not old news, but here goes:

Start of Production: 03/08/08
08-09 Model year 6.2 liter LS9 rated at 650HP and 650lb-ft torque.
available with six speed MTX transmission, the gearset being:
1st 2.29
2nd 1.63
3rd 1.21
4th 1.00
5th 0.81
6th 0.67
Reverse 3.15
Final 3.42
Specs show car with P335/25r20 tires at all four corners.The braking system will be a next generation braking system and engine intervention traction control system that is purpoted to make the current set up look antiqued at best. The designation on all documents is "SS" at this point and the hood scoop that is on the test mule Z is not indicative of what we'll see on production versions.
Hope this is good info for SS watchers.:thumbsup:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
i highly doubt that there will be 335's in the front...

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Well, half of the facts there that I know to be completely wrong. I mean.... REALLY wrong. And, some are just plain silly.

I would say it puts all that info in the "wishful thinking" category.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, half of the facts there that I know to be completely wrong. I mean.... REALLY wrong. And, some are just plain silly.

I would say it puts all that info in the "wishful thinking" category.
Don't shoot the messenger..:laughing: .I just copied from what the ed. at the mag wrote that he got from his"insider"at GM:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Twin turbo Diesel

In observance of the holiday, it has been reported that the 2009 Vette will have the twin-turbo small block 350 with the necessary options all free.

btw, it is April Fools Day

·
Registered
901 Posts
Too Tall

I sure hope the part about the gearing is wrong. 2.29 first gear x 3.42 rearend = a super-tall 7.83. It might help control wheelspin but it sure wouldn't be much fun to drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts