Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The C6 spy shots show me a car that is a C5 with slight modifications. I really hope that Chevrolet saves face by upgrading the interior and differentiating the C6's exterior. I can't stand foreign cars overall but look at what the competition is bringing to market. Audi, boxy cars with a real european flair, you pick out every little different thing on the dash (wood tones and styles etc). Porsche, the interiors look like they can be eaten (lots of leather colors and choices, including colored steering wheels). Now look at Ferrari, although they are very expensive the seats look like they came off a leatherworkers bench from Gucci.

Now we look at the C5, outside looks pretty good but then you look inside. What you see are cheap looking controls void of any chrome, aluminum or wood. There are also no real choices in dash colors(except for anniversary models). The "rubbermaid" look and non supportive seats are very disappointing( especially for a $50-60K car!)

I want to see a C6 with hand stiched looking seats. An interior with recaro type seats that feel like a bucket and support you when in competition type cornering (not two flat low quality feeling seats).

If Chevy does not "give in fanciness" to get the $60K that they are demanding for a C6 car many buyers will walk away. Let's hope Chevy does the right things. The car also needs to fit tall drivers as the 2003 Z06 and coupe does not!

A C4 owner looking to go C6 soon.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
I too have high hopes for the C6. But, here is what scares me.

1) Chevrolet sells every C5 they make ... with the cheap ass interior and all. So why make the C6 interior special? People will buy them regardless.

2) Why make the fit and finish better? People buy them now the way it is.

3) Why beat the Viper HP? We never have, and people bought them anyway.

So... my fear as that we have shown Chevrolet that we'll buy them no matter what.... and that may keep them taking the interior to the next level.

Same with the outside styling. The C5 look worked fine, you know GM figured that they'd just tweak the C5 body - it'd be cheaper and people would STILL buy it.

IN A NUTSHELL?

The C4 was a dramatic change from the C3, because so much on the C3 needed improvement (interior space, horsepower, handling, braking...) The C6 would be cool if the C5 sucked. But, the C5 doesn't suck. So, expect the C6 to be a C5.5 ... just a slight variation of the successful C5.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Re: Re: Hope the C6 inside has more changes

Patrick96LT4 said:
I too have high hopes for the C6. But, here is what scares me.

1) Chevrolet sells every C5 they make ... with the cheap ass interior and all. So why make the C6 interior special? People will buy them regardless.

2) Why make the fit and finish better? People buy them now the way it is.

3) Why beat the Viper HP? We never have, and people bought them anyway.

So... my fear as that we have shown Chevrolet that we'll buy them no matter what.... and that may keep them taking the interior to the next level.

Same with the outside styling. The C5 look worked fine, you know GM figured that they'd just tweak the C5 body - it'd be cheaper and people would STILL buy it.

IN A NUTSHELL?

The C4 was a dramatic change from the C3, because so much on the C3 needed improvement (interior space, horsepower, handling, braking...) The C6 would be cool if the C5 sucked. But, the C5 doesn't suck. So, expect the C6 to be a C5.5 ... just a slight variation of the successful C5.
:agree:
Couldnt have said it better. Well maybe.:laughing:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
one other thing is if you want that kind of interior,the car will be a lot more cash.Audi nice interior,the car is a joke in race,i guess they have to sacrifice something,i would imagine that it will be a little better now that caddys are built in the same building.i think the C6 will be a very expensive ride.in my opinion,i don't think the C5 interior is that great myself,but i only get compliments on the inside.i will say this,i don't have one single rattle or any other noise inside(except my exhaust:laughing: )everything works and its very comfortable.to bad you can't order the car with a basic interior or a wild interior.
:smokin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts