Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to set the lock and noticed the horn didn't sound, went back in and hit the wheel, nothing. Where do I start first, I'm sure the are fuses and relays involved, and where is the horn? Not a motorhead so talk to me like I'm dumb, cuz its true.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Went to set the lock and noticed the horn didn't sound, went back in and hit the wheel, nothing. Where do I start first, I'm sure the are fuses and relays involved, and where is the horn? Not a motorhead so talk to me like I'm dumb, cuz its true.
The first thing you need to do is setup your horn to beep when you set the alarm. That is done on the dash with the Options button. Next, set the alarm and let me know if the horn beeps or not. Also, pull and post you codes. If you don't know how, let me know. I await your response.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The horn not sounding when I set the lock is what got my attention, I'll pull the codes when I get home.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
The horn not sounding when I set the lock is what got my attention, I'll pull the codes when I get home.
Okay, that's actually a good thing. That means the problem is probably simple and not in the steering wheel. Here's the horn schematic. The picture below shows the location of the horns. That's the passenger's side headlight cavity with the headlight removed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does that mean I have to pull the headlight to get to it, or is it accesable from below?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
It is assessable from below. It is attached to the skids. Frankly, I can pull the headlight out of the car quicker than I can jack it up. It's 6 bolts on your car, 2 plugs and the light bulbs. If you ever have to repair your headlight gear motor, you'll see at that time.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Did you check the fuse yet? #11 engine compartment.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
# 11 fuse is good, gotta jack up the car and test the horn with a power probe.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Now, Check for voltage to the horn

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it!

Pulled the horns down and put power on them with my power probe and they worked. Checked the relay and with power it clicked but had no continuity on the pins. Happened to notice the fog lights use the same type relay so did a quick swap, horn funtioned. Bought a new relay and installed. Thanks to Junkman and everyone else who pointed me in the right direction. You all are the best!

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Way to figure it out and thanks for updating the thread. Your post will help others down the line. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts