Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Happy to be in and on the game for you folks.

The 2 stories we have been updating you on, the 2 New colors that should be a mid-year release the Crystal Red coming for Z06....
(original story here;
http://www.corvetteconti.com/blog/?p=553)

and the new Bronze Mocha color....
UPDATE HERE:
http://www.corvetteconti.com/blog/?p=849

we now have more info 1st and foremost before anyone for you on the Bronze color...

Update & exclusive info is;
COLOR TO BE CALLED MOCHA

IT HAS TWO XIRALLIC CRYSTAL PEARLS IN IT

ONE IS COPPER AND THE OTHER IS CRYSTAL RED.

We are working on getting a actual sample soon. The above picture should be close!

As far as the special edition comments GM made this past weekend, they would not say what capacity they are or what they are to represent...stay tuned is all we got.

----------------------
We had a great conversation with GM guy and apreciate some feedback he gave us and I promised not to mention on the web... It's funny, these GM guys see my name and either clam up or they are cool, as this one guy was and then they say...."Now I don't wNt to see that on the web Rick"
:laughing:

TODAY there is HUGE meeting with Corvette deciding our 2009 future items.
and just to note, the color stuff we have had far in advance and came from nobody at the Road America event....in fact I asked about them and all I got was an evel eye....:huh:

I understand, but always staying true to you Corvettes fans, because it's YOU that support me! I never will make the team look bad, but rather not ever letting the enthusiasm die...as I continue to prove myself as an enthusiast to you folks, you also have given me a ton of respect on the retail side too....:cheers:

MORE SOON GANG!

·
DC Crew
5,554 Posts
Again DC is in the lead with new info! :partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Bronze Lives AGIAN!!!:laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the update Rick.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
What the heck does "Xirallic" mean?

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Am I the only one who doesn't like any of the new colors? Bring back the good old days of torch red, Spiral Gray, and LMB or EB.
I spoke with a couple cool GM execs this weekend, the color issue and the 4LT was a huge topic of conversation. When they asked me what I thought of the 4LT, I said, well for one, you need to offer it in an all black...
he said..

"THANK-YOU!"

he had been trying to get Corvette marketing to do that from the beginning. he said just look at the #'s of 2 tone seat orders vs. solid ebony....
good point!

ALSO:
GM was doing a survey.....funny how Spril Gray was on a questionnaire..
hummmm:huh:

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
I spoke with a couple cool GM execs this weekend, the color issue and the 4LT was a huge topic of conversation. When they asked me what I thought of the 4LT, I said, well for one, you need to offer it in an all black...
he said..

"THANK-YOU!"

he had been trying to get Corvette marketing to do that from the beginning. he said just look at the #'s of 2 tone seat orders vs. solid ebony....
good point!

ALSO:
GM was doing a survey.....funny how Spril Gray was on a questionnaire..
hummmm:huh:
If they want to do a survey, save the stamps and do it here! :thumbsup:

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
good find on that one ;)
well, as you know..and being from Detroit....I have to thank-you my Motown man ( as I have in past articles) for the heads up a while we had a hint of the Bronze tint....:D

Recently I stumbled onto Crystal Red coming for Z06....so put 2 and 2 together..it all made sense when the GM guy was talking this weekend...

SEE, we're not talking out our *&%[email protected]&*T&*#@&[email protected], you know;) :laughing:

:cheers:

·
Mo-Fo
7,510 Posts
Will it be available for a Z?
That car is going to be super classy with a cashmere interior. I like what I see in your pic. I'm hoping it's not just a darker version of DSOM.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
What the heck does "Xirallic" mean?
Xirallic is a trade name of Merck Pigments.

From the link ...

Xirallic® consists of a new substrate which produces a lighter body color, greater color intensity and a more powerful lustre than most traditional effect pigments.

Xirallic® effect pigments are based on aluminum oxide (Al2O3 ) platelets coated with metal oxides. The Al2O3 platelets are produced synthetically using a new crystallization process.

The fine grain size (10-30 µm) and a narrow particle size distribution guarantee a problem-free implementation in most applications.

http://www.merck.de/servlet/PB/menu/1055530/index.html

Steven

·
Registered
901 Posts
Thanks for all the good info Rick. Good seeing you at the Road America Corvette Corral, been going there for years (it used to be up near the start-finish line). Hey, when you saw the catalog picture of the Crystal Red Z06 did you notice the wheels? A while back a Detroit friend of mine mentioned a 2008 Special Edition Z06 coming, with Crystal Red paint and 2009 wheels, in chrome...??...wondering what they might look like...(I don't think they'd give us the 19/20 setup from the SS just yet)...maybe they'll introduce the Special Edition at the Chicago show in February, just like the Ron Fellows in 2007.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I think this Mocha color could be good. I'll wait until I see it. It's got to be better than the new blue. Will Mocha be a replacement for the current orange?

I, too, would love to see another dark metallic gray color. It would look great on this car.

And yes, they need another 4LT color. I don't care for either of the current offerings. Linen is too white and Sienna clashes with every color other than black or white.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts