Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
resident conservative
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today it hit 104 degrees and and the temp on my vette hit 245, and the trans started to puke on the exhaust pipes. Looks as it needs a radiator ( it cooled to 230 when I turned off the a/c) It seems as I cant get a break today......This heat sucks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
990 Posts
:( You know, I don't know whats worse....that kind of heat or all the crappy rainy weather we have had in Ohio. Just as bad, its cold here also. Temp got down to 42 degrees last night and thats cold for June.:( :( :(
 

·
resident conservative
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Michael Malone Smith said:
:( You know, I don't know whats worse....that kind of heat or all the crappy rainy weather we have had in Ohio. Just as bad, its cold here also. Temp got down to 42 degrees last night and thats cold for June.:( :( :(
Right now I trade you for a couple those days!
 

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
Joined
·
36,413 Posts
Boy I wish I could. We've had so much rain this year the grass mowing is killing me. You can mow it on Saturday and by Monday it needs it again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,381 Posts
Thats just one reason why I love living by the beach.....
Hang in there.....its probably going to stay hot up there...
tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
You may not need a new radiator, pull the radiator shroud and clean the debris from between the radiator & A/C condensor.

Also a 160deg stat & fan switch (or chip) will bring those temps down to reasonable levels.
 

·
resident conservative
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
65Z01 said:
You may not need a new radiator, pull the radiator shroud and clean the debris from between the radiator & A/C condensor.

Also a 160deg stat & fan switch (or chip) will bring those temps down to reasonable levels.
I looked up into the radiator and its clean Im sure the radiator is limed, it got 111000 miles so it seen better days
 

·
resident conservative
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got the radiator in and also changed the thermostat out , now it runs 198- 210 range oh I also used red line water wetter in the mix, that helps alot!
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
grapeknutz said:
Just got the radiator in and also changed the thermostat out , now it runs 198- 210 range oh I also used red line water wetter in the mix, that helps alot!
Glad to hear you are back in business. Overheating is not fun.:cheers:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top