Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an extra benefit feature when you order the NAV option that can end up paying for itself. The Key fobs are numbered "1" and "2" and set the C6's seats, mirrors, radio stations, etc. However, Keyfob "1" is the System Administrator for the C6. The SA has access to certain system options that "2" does not. If your wife shops like mine, you will appreciate the ability to create "lock in" areas. By using the Nav selections, the SA can indicate an address, and a distance that is circular to that address within which the C6 doors will not unlock for keyfob "2." So let's say I enter the address for Macy's and 2 miles as the distance. Should my wife drive to within 2 miles of that Macy's store, everything in the car will work except the door locks and the hatch. If the targa latch is opened the alarm sounds. She can't leave the car within two miles of the store! She will need to start the car and get more than 2 miles away before the doors will unlock. Cool Huh!!!!!!

Isn't this a GREAT FEATURE!!!!!??!!!! Too bad it's all my
B.S.

:D :D

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
haha. you had me going.

·
Registered
13 Posts
walking

Longtimer - could you program your imaginary lock-in feature for 3 or 4 miles? My girlfriend is not above walking 2 miles to go shopping at Macy's.:D

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
That wou;d be cool, but what if your wife got a hold of # 1 and programmed it not to open at the hardware store, car place or the local pub. Big disaster and a lot of Nascar exits throught the windows.:laughing:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
That wou;d be cool, but what if your wife got a hold of # 1 and programmed it not to open at the hardware store, car place or the local pub. Big disaster and a lot of Nascar exits throught the windows.:laughing:

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Super Moderator
10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: walking

cpprheadache said:
Longtimer - could you program your imaginary lock-in feature for 3 or 4 miles? My girlfriend is not above walking 2 miles to go shopping at Macy's.:D
One of the reasons I posted this is that I think it might actually be attainable in the after market. If they made away to do this, yes you can up the distance. But remember, it might just give her another excuse to say, "Not tonight dear. I'm too tired - from all the walking."

·
Super Moderator
10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Torch Red 2K said:
Good point. MMM ... maybe the addition of a retna scan?! to control programming! Portable and removeable of course, we don't want to add to that 3254 lbs!!!

·
Banned
591 Posts
please fpward this Idea to GM....:excited:

:D :partyon:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Re: walking

Longtimer said:
One of the reasons I posted this is that I think it might actually be attainable in the after market. If they made away to do this, yes you can up the distance. But remember, it might just give her another excuse to say, "Not tonight dear. I'm too tired - from all the walking."
Touché. But at least we could keep our old women in shape. BTW, wonder if we could program in our home address and then enter some obsurd number like the earth's circumference. We could keep em from ever climbing into our baby without our supervision! :thumbsup:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
What about an ejection seat on the passenger side for those times I really just want to ride alone?

·
Super Moderator
10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Re: Re: walking

cpprheadache said:
Touché. But at least we could keep our old women in shape. BTW, wonder if we could program in our home address and then enter some obsurd number like the earth's circumference. We could keep em from ever climbing into our baby without our supervision! :thumbsup:
Just take the battery out of the fob.

·
Super Moderator
10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
poncherello said:
What about an ejection seat on the passenger side for those times I really just want to ride alone?
Not a good idea. New seats might actually be more expensive than the accompanying medical bills. However, the seat could be designed to fold flat morph a set of boxes onto the "surface" as an excuse for not taking passengers.

This is not usually a problem for me. After I drive someone to lunch at work one time, I get a rep for being an insane driver and no one wants to ride with me after that. It works very well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts