Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a long search, I finally found a metallic green C4 Hot-Wheel. I found this car at a flea market for just over a buck, not a bad price. There are some decals I would like to remove so the car would better match the one I have parked in the garage. I just don't want to mess up the paint when removing the decals. Is there anyone here that can give me some advice on the best way to remove these decals?

Here is a pic, sorry about the focus....I blame the camera :rolling:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Boy your not kidding lot of decals
Try letting some hot water run on it in the sink,should heat up the glue and peel right away
Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Wow, that's alot of decals for a Hot Wheel. Have you considered lightly rubbing with #000 steel wool, masking it off and picking up a can of spray paint from the dealer to match your car?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are coming up with some good ideas....:thumbsup: I will keep these in mind when I try to get these damn decals off Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You guys are coming up with some good ideas....:thumbsup: I will keep these in mind when I try to get these damn decals off Thanks.
Sorry to say, but forget about all the tips above.
THEY WONT WORK.

You can use some nailpolish remover on a stick which ears can be cleaned and move slightly over it.
That will work. But don't press too much. Just gently and not to long time at the same spot.
This way you will get off the decals without destroing the paint.

If you want to cross check go to the Hotwheels collectors page and check in the customs forum.

Greetings from a Hotwheels customizer.
Robert

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I don't know if it is still available but I used to use a spray called "Sticker Shock", in my shop for removing bumper stickers. If thats not available, I'm sure there are others at the auto stores.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts