Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All

Re-making my headlight loom and have a quick question, How are cornering lights turned on? eg, by the indicator stalk at any speed? by the indicator stalk below a certain speed? by a separate switch to do with steering wheel movement? I would like to know what and under what condition is responsible for sending power down those Black/white and orange wires please.

In England, the laws around vehicle lights are a bit more refined and one law is you cant have white light of any kind on a side of a vehicle so I will have to move the cornering light to the front of the vehicle to be legal or I may do something custom with that power source but not figured out what. obviously, if I do this I will have a white lens on the front with no use so probably will convert that to an orange lense and have a bigger indicator light as opposed to the stock orange on top of white

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello All

Re-making my headlight loom and have a quick question, How are cornering lights turned on? eg, by the indicator stalk at any speed? by the indicator stalk below a certain speed? by a separate switch to do with steering wheel movement? I would like to know what and under what condition is responsible for sending power down those Black/white and orange wires please.

In England, the laws around vehicle lights are a bit more refined and one law is you cant have white light of any kind on a side of a vehicle so I will have to move the cornering light to the front of the vehicle to be legal or I may do something custom with that power source but not figured out what. obviously, if I do this I will have a white lens on the front with no use so probably will convert that to an orange lense and have a bigger indicator light as opposed to the stock orange on top of white

Thanks for reading

View attachment 103603
In the later year C3 , there is an extra wire on the turn signal switch in the column for those lights .So yes they are activated by the turn signal lever .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts