Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One great thing about forums is getting to know people that have a common interest, such as Corvettes, but what else do you do? And how did you come up with your Nickname (some are obvious)?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am a retired maintenance manager. Last couple of years before I retired I was getting extremely frustrated with incompetent vendors and outside maintenance contractors. Got to be a choice between retirement or a cardiac. :nuts: :spanked: Nuff said ?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,440 Posts
Name is obvious. My offical title is TPM coordinator. TPM stands for "total predictive maintenance" I work for a company that makes evaporators for refrigerator amd tubing for automobile air conditioning. My job consists of maintaining equipment records, scheduling repairs, tracking down time, Purchasing parts. Bottom line is making our maintenance department proactive instead of reactive and keep it running smoothly.

·
Banned
291 Posts
Nickname, well DUh.:laughing:

I work as a Financial Analyst for the retail division of Hickory Farms. Every time you buy a beefstick, you are paying for my car.:D Thanks.:laughing: Oh yeah, i work on budget preperation, an analize the various pipe dreams/idea's our division comes up with.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Hurricane is from my alma mater, and the triple 7's are for luck! :cheers:

I'm a management consultant at a big 4 firm. Lotsa time on the road and away from the vette. :(

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I think my nickname is self explanatory!

As for what I do, I own a technology company that is less than two years old. "Gramm Technology Group".

We sell Compaq, IBM, Cisco, Sun ... plus thousands of other products. We dabble in leasing and financing as well.

So, if anyone needs any equipment, let me know first!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I kind of got my nickname from futurama, you know, the robot named bender.

Actually, I have my own business building prototype sheet metal parts. Lately, I’ve been bending up **** loads of stainless steel fixtures for a clean room for an electronics manufacturer.

Next month, I need to bend up thousands of terminals for an aerospace industry.

Also, I am in the process of starting another company and plan to build my own product. I don’t want to say what it is, but I will say most of you will have many of them in your house someday ;)

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
BubbleHead is the nickname given to Submarine sailors. It's also easy to remember. At Corvette events I always hear "So, you are bubblehead." :laughing:

I'm currently in the US Navy. :thumbsup:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I have the screen name because many pieces fell into place at the same time. KISS is my favorite band and I wanted to use something from them as my screen name. My car started getting rock chips on my way home from B.G Ky., Memorial weekend 2001. Them ricers were gettin' on my nerves badly! By 9/11 I was pissed at my paint, ricers and terrorists so it was then that I went by the name War Machine, a song KISS made in 1982.

-=Jeff=- said:
I currently am an unemployed bum..
Me too! I'll drink to that!:cheers:

I'm going to start doing some metal polishing to make a few bucks until I can get a decent job.

·
resident conservative
1,039 Posts
Well I like a good glass of wine, Merlot my favorite, and cruising to Napa valley or there abouts is a blast! so the nick name grapeknutz.:cheers:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
my nickname is from the other forum in the "bar", bounty hunter gave me the name....right now i'm a student at Eastern Kentucky University starting my senior year this fall majoring in Police Administration minoring in Business...this summer i'm a labor for Turner Construction while also doing security for a local ampitheater...hey war machine...KISS is coming to town on Aug 19th

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I took mine from the old Paul Simon song, "Stillcrazy after all these years", I went to use it as my screen name on AOL and the real spelling was taken so what you see is what I adapted. I pretty much use the same name where ever I post. It is way easier for me to remember.

I do think I am somewhat "still crazy" from my earlier days when I worked as a roadie for a band. I currently call myself a Security Therapist. I am a locksmith!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts