Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My change oil message came on with only 500 miles and 4 months since last changed. How do I clear this message?

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
1. Turn the key to RUN, but don’t start the engine.

2. Press ENG MET on the Trip Monitor. Then, within five seconds, press it again.

3. Within five seconds, press and hold GAUGES on the Trip’Monitor. The CHANGE OIL light should flash.

4. Hold the GAUGES button until the CHANGE OIL light stops flashing and goes out. This should take about ten seconds.

When the light goes out, the monitor is reset. If the monitor doesn’t reset, turn the ignition off, then try again.

Steven

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clear message

My change oil message came on with only 500 miles and 4 months since last changed. How do I clear this message?
Thanks, that was a quick response, I'll try it tonight. Do you also know how to clear the 'service suspension" message on the dash monitor? I swapped out adjustable shocks for sport Bilstiens.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Thanks, that was a quick response, I'll try it tonight. Do you also know how to clear the 'service suspension" message on the dash monitor? I swapped out adjustable shocks for sport Bilstiens.

I don't know of a way to turn that off without accessing the PCM. Also, that may be an error message that can't be disabled.

Maybe one of the guys here with tuning experience can jump in.

Steven

1 - 4 of 4 Posts