7,823 Posts
you tease! i was hoping for boobies! :laughing:

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You look like the real deal! :thumbsup:
Thanks Patrick.

Ok.. So it looks like I'll be running my first wheel to wheel race next weekend. I hope all goes well. Remember the only upgrades on my car have been safety. The motor has well over 127K, so my fingers are crossed:laughing: I am pitting next to my shop that built the cage. They are taking me under their wing. I'm pretty lucky to have them. I really really really can't wait to race.:partyon:

Jr.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You look better than i do when i'm geared up. haha. Good luck. Have fun
I feel good geared up too. I feel safe. The suit is a 3 layer and then a layer of Nomex long underwear. I also have Nomex socks. They say you have 10 seconds of burn time for every layer. So I have about 40 seconds to get out of a burning car. I do have a 5 nozzle fire system too. So lets say about a minute to get out. I practice with my eyes closed and try to get out as fast as I can..

Jr.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I feel good geared up too. I feel safe. The suit is a 3 layer and then a layer of Nomex long underwear. I also have Nomex socks. They say you have 10 seconds of burn time for every layer. So I have about 40 seconds to get out of a burning car. I do have a 5 nozzle fire system too. So lets say about a minute to get out. I practice with my eyes closed and try to get out as fast as I can..

Jr.
Let's hope you don't have to use that minute. Let's us all know how exilerating it was flying around that track  kandi says open it up on the straightaway :cheers:

PB

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,761 Posts
Not just the minute. Let's hope you never have to use any of the safety equipment

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Look'n good Paul, have a blast and stay safe!

BLK 1 :buhbye:

Remember when we had our ZO6's down at the mall and my buddy Mike (the Police Officer) pulled up in his patrol car to BS with us? I would have loved to seen his face if you jumped out wearing that outfit! :rolling: He thought you were serious then about racing. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Your looking good Jr. I envy you. I'm just setting here waiting for my breast bone to heal, so I can pass my physical for the license. This year set back is really pissing me off...

Have fun and set back and relax...:rolling::rolling::rolling:

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your looking good Jr. I envy you. I'm just setting here waiting for my breast bone to heal, so I can pass my physical for the license. This year set back is really pissing me off...

Have fun and set back and relax...:rolling::rolling::rolling:
I can't wait for video, because I know what you're laughing at. You would be very proud of the grip I have on the steering wheel. Not the tight death grip I had 3 years ago. Since that day I left Spring Mountain I have been working on it.:thumbsup:

I can't wait for your come back.:cheers:

Jr.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I think you could use a couple of cheeseburgers myself. :D :laughing:

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think you could use a couple of cheeseburgers myself. :D :laughing:
:laughing:

Here's some pictures of the race car. I have been assigned 342 as my Novice number and the orange square shows that I'm a Novice racer. I've been branded as a rookie. Which I totally am.:D

This is a picture from the test and tune on Friday before the race on Saturday. I got the VIP treatment from my shop.

The race went well. No negative remarks from the Senior racers who were taking notes at the turn stations. I wish I had video, I will work on that for the next race.

Jr.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here's a good looking picture:laughing: These are some sticky tires.

Jr.

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
so when are you putting some Pfadt parts on that thing? :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts