Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my thinking. I know the MSRP, the invoice, and the hold back money. So, I go to local dealerships and hand over a piece of paper stating what I want and how much I'm willing to pay. No games, no bullshit, and NO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO talk to your manager! Just call me when you agree to my price.

Anyone else think this way?

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
I have a myraid of methods when dealing with car salesman. "Bluntness" is definitely a variable in all of them.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
VPRSNAK said:
Here's my thinking. I know the MSRP, the invoice, and the hold back money. So, I go to local dealerships and hand over a piece of paper stating what I want and how much I'm willing to pay. No games, no bullshit, and NO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO talk to your manager! Just call me when you agree to my price.

Anyone else think this way?
that works if you realize they still have to make some money aff the deal....they won't give you the car if your willing to pay what they paid for it....

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
They will if they are trying to remove old units.
I'll check out the prices on the demo's and ask for the same deal on a model with the same equipment. A trick I learned when I sold cars.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I'm easy: I Pick out what I want then tell the guy This is what I want my payments to be, This is what I want to put down, this is what I want the length of my payments to be. Do we have a deal?

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
raidmagic said:
I'm easy: I Pick out what I want then tell the guy This is what I want my payments to be, This is what I want to put down, this is what I want the length of my payments to be. Do we have a deal?
Is that when they suckered you into buying the Corolla?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,746 Posts
Going in on the last two or three days of the month can also help. If the sales staff hasn't met their goals, the sales manager is a little more willing to deal

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Is that when they suckered you into buying the Corolla?

Suckered him?? Hell, he thought he suckered them. :laughing: :laughing:

G

·
I get all my Chevy's Pontiacs and GMC cars at invoice automatically and I can get any Nissan or Infiniti at employee price which is actually about 3% below invoice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts