Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(
I've had sports cars all my life growing up, had a 64 MGB when I was 13yrs old, about 10 more MGbs after that, fiat 124, 1968 convertible vette back in 82 , now at 46 I buy a 94 Vette and people think I'm just having a midlife crisis !!
Some of my neighbors shook my hand and said congradulations,
I think what they meant was (I hate you , I have to drove a tempo & wanted a vette you stinking bum )
Anyway just wanted to know if any of you vette owners have people around you that are concerned about you ( the Midllife Crisis syndrom) ,
Love my Vette!!

:buhbye:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey Topman,
Don't sweat it. A year ago I had 3 Corvettes and still have 2. Also have a Cadillac, two trucks, and the wife drives a Mercedes. I couldn't care less what my neighbors think. Get over it---just enjoy the Vette to the max and don't forget the wave for your neighbors.:stick:

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
It's hard for people to be happy for you when you get a Vette, particularly when they don't have one. A Vette is often an unreachable dream for a lot of people, which is why I feel lucky to have one.

As for midlife crisis.... I think that's when I'll get a Ferrari or something.....

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
No, a midlife crisis is when your chasing that good looking little blonde thing half your age, cause you're trying to prove you still got it. Corvette's are a lifestyle, have had one for many years and always will. I'm 60 this year and still looking for the mid life crisis tho. Anyone know of a pretty little blonde 25 or 30ish that wants to make an old man happy. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Well.....I've been a car guy all my life, and nobody said much when we spent a portion of wedding gift money hot rodding the 72 Mustang, or about our 41 Ford Coupe, or when we went through about a dozen Mustangs. It just so happens we now have Vettes:) I think most people we know have always thought that I'm a little toward the edge, as in unconventional, at least in their way of thinking.

We've never owned a four door car. Friends and relatives would ask if I'm not concerned about carrying other people around. I respond by saying "if they don't want to squeeze in back through the 2 door then they can drive themselves."

Mid life crises?:huh: nawwwww....just a different attitude.:cheers:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
Bob88con said:
No, a midlife crisis is when your chasing that good looking little blonde thing half your age, cause you're trying to prove you still got it. Corvette's are a lifestyle, have had one for many years and always will. I'm 60 this year and still looking for the mid life crisis tho. Anyone know of a pretty little blonde 25 or 30ish that wants to make an old man happy. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I'm 52 and married a 20 year old........Of course that was 32 years ago

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"I'm 52 and married a 20 year old........Of course that was 32 years ago"

LOL :rolleyes:

so you were 20 and she was an embryo

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ha Ha, hey Topman you had a Fiat 124 too? I had a '68 124. That little pisser was a blast. Although I think I went through 4 of the damn water pumps with the magnetic fan.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
Topman said:
"I'm 52 and married a 20 year old........Of course that was 32 years ago"

LOL :rolleyes:

so you were 20 and she was an embryo
Not really. 32 years ago she was 20 also

·
Super Moderator
8,519 Posts
when I got married I told the new wife, I love you,I have THREE HOBBIES I REALLY ENJOY

RACING/BUILDING CORVETTES

HUNTING ELK

DATEING CUTE GIRLS,

IM WILLING TO GIVE UP ONE ...OUT OF THE THREE..........YOUR CHOICE :thumbsup:
I STILL HUNT ELK,I STILL OWN AND RACE CORVETTES and that was 35 years ago, and yeah I STILL HAVE THE SAME WIFE! SO I GUESS YOU CAN FIGGURE OUT WHICH ONE SHE PICKED AS TO WHICH HOBBY SHE PREFERED I DROP!!!

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
Smart move grumpyvette. That's using the old hat rack.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
I've wanted one since I was five years old (in 1967). I was close to buying one a few times (a black 1970 and a silver 1975) when I was in college but couldn't handle the insurance payments. Finally got my first one in 2000.

So I figure the 33 years I waited compensates for any midlife crisis concerns people may have. :cheers:

·
Registered
50 Posts
My neighbors may think I'm having a midlife crisis, but that sure does not stop them from asking me to take them for a ride. :thumbsup:

B

·
0 Posts
I guess mine was a pre-mid life crisis cuz I was only 28 when I bought the car last year!

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's not midlife crisis, unless you're picking up 20 year old girls in it; then you might have to rethink it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
mid life crisis

that is the first time you find out you can not do it the second time.:surprised

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I bought the car at 24 and am now 30 so I can't wait to see what I get for my mid life crisis:excited:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts