Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They would be lighter at all. All I'm doing is moving it to the back of the rotor

It makes fitting brake ducts a lot easier.

·
Registered
550 Posts
They have different size pistons it will probably upset your brake bias unless you compensate....

Have you looked at your car? what do you see? do you own a tape measure and a square? or a set of vernier calipers?...

Do the brake lines connect the same way? is the offset from the mounting lugs to the centerline of the caliper the same? Are the mounting lugs the same distance apart?

Having Stock brakes and Wilwoods inside of a month. the Stockers are good the Wilwoods are better if only for the unsprung wt reduction.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Oh... I get it now... Just make some new caliper mounting plates that position the front calipers where you want them. The plates are fairly simple. It may be simpler to modify the stock ones...

You'll need to be mindful of the bleeding process and the flex line. Thinking about it it may be possible to swap sides with the calipers to address some of this....

I had everything to mock this up a few weeks a go but the calipers/brackets and lines have been sold to a local...

:cheers:

·
Registered
550 Posts
no I didn't take pictures I just had all of the parts laying in a pile. they're gone now :(

Block up the front end of your car, pull the wheels off and start pondering...

Show some initiative!!

Your car has nearly all the parts you need already bolted on...

;)

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
I did that, basically you move the left spindle right and the right spindle left. Problem is, you need to convert to front steering because there's no way to mount the steering arms on the side w/ the caliper. You also need to repos. the hose so it moves from in front of the steering axis back, meaning you move the brcket on the frame to the front so the hose won't arch and hit the tire/wheel. The hose always crosses the steering axis so it won't arch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts