Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Resetting the Airbag Control Module??!!

Is this possbile to do without sending it out to a specialized dealer once the new airbags are in place??

·
Registered
155 Posts
What the hell. This is what they came with from the factory with. Either someone changed these (like a 96 LT1 ODBII being changed to OBDI) or I need to wear highwaters because the bullshit is getting thick. :toilet

84-93 OBDI with 12 pin ALDL.
94-95 ODBI with 16 pin ALDL.
96+ ODBII with 16 pin ALDL.
The 95 had several OBD II parameters that were supposedly used for info prior to the change over to OBD II. They are listed in the 95 FSM, but not sure if they will even throw a code????

·
Registered
290 Posts
General Motors began installing the OBD2 mid-production in 1994 so some cars have the OBD1 and the luckier folks got the OBD2.

·
Registered
218 Posts
General Motors began installing the OBD2 mid-production in 1994 so some cars have the OBD1 and the luckier folks got the OBD2.
No.

All 94 vette are exactly the same. They have an OBD2 connector and a few special OBD2-ish functions, and are for all normal intents and purposes simply OBD1 with a different connector.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The 95 had several OBD II parameters that were supposedly used for info prior to the change over to OBD II. They are listed in the 95 FSM, but not sure if they will even throw a code????

According to the FSM they throw codes which are only accessible through a special mode via the Tech 1.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Anybody know how to pull the code for a Service ABS problem?Ive got a FSM and it states the paper clip and A-H terminal will pull up codes,not working.The scanner Ive tried wont work.I dont have the Tech1 scanner.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anybody know how to pull the code for a Service ABS problem?Ive got a FSM and it states the paper clip and A-H terminal will pull up codes,not working.The scanner Ive tried wont work.I dont have the Tech1 scanner.
You ever figure this out ?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts