Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I see another Vette passing, I stick my left arm out the window and wave. Almost everyone I've waved to merely raises a few fingers off the steering wheel in acknowledgement. So, how do you do it?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Probably never the same way. I just make sure I do wave. There have been quite a few that haven't waved back though. Kinda makes me feel weird. I got my first Vet in 67 so have been waving a long time. :cheers:

~jim

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
The four-fingers up from 12 o'clock on the steering wheel is the "traditional" wave, but I'm usually more enthusiastic when I can tell the other driver is... well... an enthusiast. If it's an older Corvette or heavily modified, the driver is usually more appreciative of the car they are driving. In my area, there are quite a few drivers who are unaware of the Corvette following that exists.

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Even though i dont own a vette when i do see one i usually pull up next to them making sure they see me and i give them the thumbs up they usually smile and wave

·
Registered
411 Posts
If window's down, full-on out the window wave. If window's up, 4 from 12 o'clock does the job.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
It all depends. Most of the time it's the four fingers lifted off the top of the steering wheel. Other times I lift my left arm up and wave. :buhbye:

I rarely have the windows down, so sticking the arm out has yet to be one of the ways.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I waved at one while driving my truck a few weeks ago. He didn't wave back.:laughing:
Heh, I get that same reaction when driving one of the company vehicles. Probably doesn't help that they look like cop cars...

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
i usually rest my hand on the top corner of my vert and i usually stick my arm straight out and have my hand up.....i feel kinda weird when they dont see my and it looks like im waving to someone else that i dont even know:lookinup:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I've been known to wave to non-corvette drivers with one finger :devil:

Windows up, 4 fingers off the wheel, windows down, out the window, sometimes out of the roof if I get really excited.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I swing my arm out the window in a waving fashion, all the time.

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
i think it should be a law like wearing your seat belts you have to wave or show acknowledgement to other vettes but that just my opinion:D

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've been known to wave to non-corvette drivers with one finger :devil: .
:rolling:

I have yet to take my '64 out on her inaugural run. When I finally get her on the road I'll be so friggin' estatic I'll probably hang my head out the window like a dog, flap my arms hootin' and hollorin' at everyone I pass... but with a certain level of reverence towards other vetters, of course. :partyon:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
:buhbye: Yep :buhbye:

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
A lil wave off the steering wheel with the 4 fingers and a lil batting of the eyelashes....:D

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
sweetee you are a sweetee nice to have women vette owners love them:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts