Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is how does it feel the first time you take a ride in your own corvette or anybody elses i am a non owner yet and just would like to know thanks

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts
be prepared to have a huge grin on your face :thumbsup:

·
Registered
309 Posts
and the grin never goes away:thumbsup:

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
for me its wild, really impowering but not in a snobbish way, i just feel so fortunate to have a car like this. Over the winter months id go to my garage and just sit in the car for a while. Oh btw youll get hooked on the new car smell - its amazing. All this without even turning the car on. Once on I describe the feeling like christmas morning, however with a corvette your never finished unwrapping presents, the acceleration from 0-90 is unbeleiveable, you get up to triple digits really quickly without even knowing it, like i said its wild.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
for me its wild, really impowering but not in a snobbish way, i just feel so fortunate to have a car like this. Over the winter months id go to my garage and just sit in the car for a while. Oh btw youll get hooked on the new car smell - its amazing. All this without even turning the car on. Once on I describe the feeling like christmas morning, however with a corvette your never finished unwrapping presents, the acceleration from 0-90 is unbeleiveable, you get up to triple digits really quickly without even knowing it, like i said its wild.
:agree:
As a guy that started with nothing in life and now retired at 32, it's the icing on the cake. Not so expensive it destroys your retirement and exciting enough to keep your interest, like a good woman.:thumbsup:

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It makes me more eager to purchase quicker thanks for the info:thumbsup:

·
Registered
534 Posts
My question is how does it feel the first time you take a ride in your own corvette or anybody elses i am a non owner yet and just would like to know thanks
I get tears in my eyes every time i go for a ride in my 07, Z ,
( about once week ) .:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
For me personally, it was almost indescribable! I've only had mine since January and it's still a thrill every time I get in her and drive. Like others stated, it's not being a snob, it's the thrill, the excitement , the pleasure, and of course, the power! It's totally awesome!!!! The grin last a long, long time!! I often say to myself when getting in, man, I've got a Corvette! I never thought it would be this nice, but it is! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
754 Posts
It feels like a great sense of accomplishment when I get in, and a roller coaster ride of fun when I drive... I've wanted a vette for many years, but did not get serious about it (or even think it was possible) until 03. Then 3 years later it worked out for me to get a new one. I have never cared for a care like I do with this one.

One of my favorite things to do is to detail it really good, take it out for a drive in the mountains and then come back to town and park it where I can see it from the patio of a restaurant. Then I just relax and look at it while drinking some beers. This also gives my wife the opportunity to drive it home… The added bonus, which I never expected when I bought it is watching others when they first notice it and admire it as they go by. God help me if I ever catch somebody trying to screw with it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I liken it to an addiction of sorts. Everytime I park it, the only thing on my mind is when I will drive it again. Plus I love the way he smiles back @ me!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts