Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys give it up,How fast have you realley driven your vette?No drag times please.Who,s first????:laughing: :laughing: :thumbsup: :buhbye: be on the level.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,067 Posts
I've only had mine to 105 for about 10 miles. Too much traffic to keep it up (I don't like driving that speed weaving in and out).
I let the Durango that was leading out of my sight. He was nuts!
(Interstate 55 south of Pontiac, Illinois)

Kenney, on the level? Are we square?
 

·
Official Forklift Driver
Joined
·
7,068 Posts
I have a spot near me that I use to try and hit top speed with. The only problem w/ the spot is it goes up hill and I have to be slowed down pretty good so I don't catch an unexpected suprise on the other side. The fastest I was able to go on that stretch with my 87 was 145 mph. That was with the stock set-up. I should be able to reach that faster now with the 3.54 gears. :D I'll probably try it again when my speedo gets corrected from the gear change.

C'mon kenny, how about you? :thumbsup:

I showed you mine now you show yours. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
32,974 Posts
101 on Hwy 39. My old wheels had a vibration I wasn't able to fix so I was to scared to try faster. Now I have to try with my new wheels:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,890 Posts
On the track: 120
On the road: 100

Now this is my dads car im talking about. He could have reached a higher number then those without telling me!:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,627 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Black Vette = 165 MPH

GS = 152 MPH

WOW, my balls are'nt that big anymore. Come to think of it, even if they were, my car won't go that fast. :laughing: In my 86 I had years ago, I went 109, had to slow down coming up on a light, I've only had this one to 93, but its a convertible and like I said, they are'nt that big anymore.:rolleyes:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,226 Posts
Bob88con said:
WOW, my balls are'nt that big anymore. Come to think of it, even if they were, my car won't go that fast. :laughing: In my 86 I had years ago, I went 109, had to slow down coming up on a light, I've only had this one to 93, but its a convertible and like I said, they are'nt that big anymore.:rolleyes:
109? I do that on the way to Blockbuster Video !!!:rolling:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
War Machine said:
I have a spot near me that I use to try and hit top speed with. The only problem w/ the spot is it goes up hill and I have to be slowed down pretty good so I don't catch an unexpected suprise on the other side. The fastest I was able to go on that stretch with my 87 was 145 mph. That was with the stock set-up. I should be able to reach that faster now with the 3.54 gears. :D I'll probably try it again when my speedo gets corrected from the gear change.

C'mon kenny, how about you? :thumbsup:

I showed you mine now you show yours. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
i had mine up to 139,christ tunnel vision is for real:rolling: :rolling: :cheers: :buhbye:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,348 Posts
130. Then We got scared and slowed down a bit. Pretty good for an 18 year old car.
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
140+ a few times.still had one hand on the steering wheel,and pulling strong.my car is very low and very stable.:smokin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,627 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
109? I do that on the way to Blockbuster Video !!!:rolling:

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
109? I do that on the way to Blockbuster Video !!!:rolling:
Pat, backing out of the driveway doesn't count, my friend! :D

126mph on the North Dallas Tollway, in traffic, playing with a BMW M5. They're pretty fast, by the way.
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,226 Posts
bkuper said:
Pat, backing out of the driveway doesn't count, my friend! :D

126mph on the North Dallas Tollway, in traffic, playing with a BMW M5. They're pretty fast, by the way.
126 MPH? My lawnmower goes that fast.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
115 ON THE WAY TO FUNFEST LAST YEAR MY NEPHEW PASSED DOING 130 I THINK HE SAID ! IN HIS S/C 99 COUPE :partyon: :partyon: :smokin:
 

·
El Teafive
Joined
·
10,489 Posts
cavsvet74 said:
105mph on southbound I-355. Took the exit to I-88 at 95, that was interesting to say the least.

I don't go that fast on 355 anymore, I got a ticket in 1998 for 110 in a 55 on Northbound 355 right near I-88. But with a lawyer I got Supervision


As for fastest, I have had my vette to 135 on Southbound I-65 in Indiana
 
1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Top