Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my left front turn signal bulb quite working. How do you change it? And how hard is it?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I changed mine about a year ago.
You have to take out 4 0f the 5 plastic pop rivits, slide the shield over to one side to expose the bolb housing. Then twist the housing that has the wires coming out of it ( I don't remember if it was right or left ) untill you feel it disengage. Pull it out pop in a new bulb and reverse the process to close everything up.

The only problem I had was that the wires were very short on that side and I had a hard tim twisting the housing to get it to disengage.
I changed the one on the other side ( the wires were longer ) and it took me 1/3 the time about 10 mins.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Its pretty dang hard. The whole wheel well panel basically has to be removed. Now, this is not that big of a deal but removing/ prying off those plastic pop rivets almost always ruins them. I had the same problem with mine. i just took it to the dealer and they replced it for free under warranty. They used new pop rivets when they replaced the panel. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm taking mine to the dealer next Tuesday for the recall on the top, I will ask them about the turn signal. Thanks you guy's know all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts