Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I contemplate my possible future, I'm trying to decide between an '08, or an '07 with mods. I'm seriuosly thinking about the Lingenfelter 427 package. How high can you go on horsepower/torque, before all you do is spin your wheels in every gear? In other words, when do you HAVE to go to a wide rear fenders and 345 rear wheels?

Thanks,
David

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
As I contemplate my possible future, I'm trying to decide between an '08, or an '07 with mods. I'm seriuosly thinking about the Lingenfelter 427 package. How high can you go on horsepower/torque, before all you do is spin your wheels in every gear? In other words, when do you HAVE to go to a wide rear fenders and 345 rear wheels?

Thanks,
David

you're gonna be worrying about a stronger rear end before you're gonna need wider tires. Hell, you can shred the ones you have now. Wider rear tires will give you a little larger contact patch, but once you get into the big HP numbers, you're gonna have traction issues no matter what kinda rubber you have back there.

·
Registered
565 Posts
you're gonna be worrying about a stronger rear end before you're gonna need wider tires. Hell, you can shred the ones you have now. Wider rear tires will give you a little larger contact patch, but once you get into the big HP numbers, you're gonna have traction issues no matter what kinda rubber you have back there.
The type of tire is more important than the width for traction. Same width slicks are far better than wider All Seasons, for example. But I agree--the diff is the weak link when hooking a lot more power with stickier tires. Not exactly a Ford nine incher...:nuts:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts