Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how many different Body Control Modules (BCM) there are for an '05 Corvette?

According to my dealer I cannot add XM radio (via an XM module from an '06 Corvette) to a 1SB equipped car if it did not come from the factory with it installed as the BCM is different for each possible configuration. For instance, according to them there is a different BCM for (1) cars with XM; (2) cars without XM; (3) cars with Nav; (4) cars without Nav; (5) cars with XM and Nav; (6) cars without XM or Nav, ad nauseum. This would be further complicated by the differences between Coupes and Convertibles (power top yes/no, etc.) and between different trim levels (base / 1SA /1SB).

If I believe this rationale, there must be 35+ different BCMs for the '05 Corvette alone which could help explain the problems that Delphi and GM are facing. On the other hand, it could also be more dealership BS when they don't know and don't want to handle the problem.

·
Registered
44 Posts
various bcms? you can install nav into a c6 that had the in dash 6 disc
only item needed is to find the vehicle speed wire and hook it up to the proper terminal. and xm can be added if the digital radio receiver is added and the various antenna.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I find it difficult to think that there are that many different BCMs for the C6 but, I would not be surprised either. If true, what a parts and service nightmare that has got to be.

I was under the impression that the OE navigation unit could only be obtained from GM for replacement purposes thus making it difficult to obtain one. Also, that the wiring harness was different for the car supplied with navigation. I know of several owners who have added aftermarket navigation units but have never seen anyone install a OE unit in a C6.

·
Registered
44 Posts
we upgraded a 2006 z06 from in dash 6 disc to nav unit for a cost of 1573.00 for the unit 100.00 for the antenna and only wire was for vss.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would imagine that there is only one BCM part number that is loaded with different pieces of software according to each Vette's configuration. Much like having different hardware drivers in a PC.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,439 Posts
Ask him to look up the part numbers for the different BCMs. I would almost bet there aren't but one or two and more than likely just one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts