Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a stock heater put out? I looked through my manuals and couldn't find any numbers.:huh:

·
Registered
321 Posts
I doubt you'll find an answer to this since the temp will be dependent on the coolant temp.

In theory, it will be the amount of energy wasted by the engine in heat,minus the enegy lost in the heat exchange from coolant to air, will be the amount available to heat the car.

Of course that number can also be used as an indication of how much energy is wasted per gallon so I don't think it will be published.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
stu said:
I doubt you'll find an answer to this since the temp will be dependent on the coolant temp.

In theory, it will be the amount of energy wasted by the engine in heat,minus the enegy lost in the heat exchange from coolant to air, will be the amount available to heat the car.

Of course that number can also be used as an indication of how much energy is wasted per gallon so I don't think it will be published.
I was going to say the same thing.:rolling:

·
Registered
27 Posts
stu said:

It's worse than that... you can't keep a car with a stuck thermostat from overheating by running the heater, although it bypasses the thermostat. It takes more radiator than the heater core.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: How many BTU's does

RT66Z06 said:
What's a "heater". Do I have one?

:D

Ray
wise azz:cheers: Someday I'll live in a more hospitable climate.:excited:

Can't wait to go southhhhhhhhhhhhh:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts