Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

How many Corvettes have you owned?

9K views 133 replies 101 participants last post by  zemzabob 
#1 ·
I have owned two, a 1991 convertible that a bought 6 years ago by just taking a walk one evening with my girlfriend to the Chevy dealer to see the C5. The C4 was on the show room floor and my girlfriend said afterwards that the look in my eyes she knew I was going to buy it when I first saw it.

Then the summer of 2002 I bought a 2002 Z06 that I've waited 36 years to own. I still have them both because my wife (was my girlfriend) didn't want me to sell the 91. She will be driving it this summer. A Corvette will always be parked in my garage.

#2 ·
We bought a '78 Vette in 1980. Wife used to drive it every day and I used to show it weekends.

In 1990 I bought the '64 - still had the '78 as well.

Finally, in 1999, we decided to part with the '78 after 19 years.

Still have the '64 and probably always will. It's a keeper.

#4 ·
just two...........i still have both......i have my 84 which was a true labor of love and a lot of money...i have replaced or rebuilt everything at least once some parts more than twice:D cant make up my mind on anything.........................and of course i will always keep the King of The HILL 2003 Z06 :D :D :D

#15 ·
This is the second Vette for me. I bought a basket case "58" convert. from a friend in 1972. Had it back together in 1973. Sold it the same year. Food, rent,wife, took priority:(
Its been 30 years, the kids are married and Im a Grandpa now.
So its time to play again. Bought a 2003 coupe in October and having a great time!:) And already thinking about that ricer killin 500+HP fire breathing C6 :D
I may be gettin old, but I aint dead yet!:p

Oh yea, bought that "58" for $800.00, drove it for a year, and sold it for $1400.00 Only car I ever drove and made a profit on.
If I only had known what Vettes would be worth.:eek:

#16 ·
I am on Corvette #2. My first was a Polo Green 94. I plan on owning several others. I Just need to get more garage space.....and a way to pay for my wish list.:D

I think I might pick up a C5 for a little more daily driver use (I am keeping the ZR-1). I guess I am finally sick of driving my old beat-up SUV around.

#19 ·
ragvette said:
I have owned two, a 1991 convertible that a bought 6 years ago by just taking a walk one evening with my girlfriend to the Chevy dealer to see the C5. The C4 was on the show room floor and my girlfriend said afterwards that the look in my eyes she knew I was going to buy it when I first saw it.

Then the summer of 2002 I bought a 2002 Z06 that I've waited 36 years to own. I still have them both because my wife (was my girlfriend) didn't want me to sell the 91. She will be driving it this summer. A Corvette will always be parked in my garage.
Good topic

We have owned four, it started with a 79 it was black with oyster interior and had some engine work and would go like !!!! . We parted ways then purchased a 64 coupe which had only 12.6 miles on it at the time. it just came from a complete resto. We have had that vette for twelve years now. Then we bought the 75 Flame Orange L82 to use as a run around vette. This car was incredible and still is, then the last one we got is a 59 which we drive everywhere. The colour of it is Inca Silver with white coves and red interior. As of now we still have the three of them. That's the three you see as our avatar. ;)

#22 ·
Two a 1959 in 1974 and the 1987 I have now. Hope to upgrade in 2003/4.

#24 ·
Bought it with 170,000 on it with a blown engine for 2,500 bucks. But the body was in good shape. Still 200,000 on a 87 is only 12,500 a year. I have a 73 Camaro with only 50k on it.
Check out my web page. http://www.corvetteforum.net/c4/chucks87/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.