Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You hear people say the "Corvette is such a babe magnet". Well, I have a question.
How many of you owe relationship IE..wife/husband or girlfriend/boyfriend or even a weekend "toy" so to speak, to your Vette'?
How much influence did the car have on your landing the girl/guy of your dreams of the girl/guy of the moment? :devil:

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
You hear people say the "Corvette is such a babe magnet". Well, I have a question.
How many of you owe relationship IE..wife or girlfriend or even a weekend "toy" so to speak, to your Vette'?
How much influence did the car have on your landing the girl of your dreams of the girl of the moment? :devil:

Vette...nice eyes...cute smile...personality...a job! What more could a girl ask for?? :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Edited to include guys :partyon:

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Everytime i see any kind of vette i turn around and give it a good glimpse a non vette owner dont know if this can be included in post description

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Well, actually, I met my now ex-wife on a blind date. We had a great time, hit it off, before she new I had a Corvette.

My G/F now, I met her while I was at work (delivery) and asked her out. Never once mentioning my cars. To her credit, when I picked her up in the Z, all she said about it was "nice car", nothing more. She actually fell in love with the other Vette (94) I had at the time.

I've never dated someone because of my car. I never wanted a "gold digger". Thats not to say I never get hit on because of it though.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Don't go depending on a car for the girl of your dreams. If she dates you for your car just take it as a physical thing. Find your true romance on your on merits..

Ann Landers signing off...

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Thank you for your input Ann Landers:laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I acutally landed my wife with a sunset cruise on the beach in my Jeep... I plan on celebarting our 12th anniv with a sunset cruise down a country road in my Vette. (after 12 years, I'm still not sure I've sealed the deal quite yet so it's time to pull out the big guns). Sure hope it's running by then...

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
I never used my car to get chicks. My wife is a doctor, though.....one physical exam of me was all it took and she was hooked....lol.

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
My girlfriend would be lying if she said she didn't greatly enjoy the 'vette. Not to say that it was the main reason we started dating, but she definitely thinks it's a perk.

Honestly she's very disappointed I won't let her lay on the hood... :lookinup:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
nada:laughing: I have something else the chicks want:rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Vette...nice eyes...cute smile...personality...a job! What more could a girl ask for?? :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
So that's the order girls like? Hmm... I might have to save a little more and then buy a 'vette:laughing:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
So that's the order girls like? Hmm... I might have to save a little more and then buy a 'vette:laughing:

Don't beleive it Jeroen She left out the buns...My wife is %( and she still looks at the cute buns.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I got a better one..

How many guys almost lost their signifigant other because they bought a vette?

My wife told me originally when I first mentioned a vette that she'd divorce me, take the house, the kid and the vette.. :lol:

I didn't say another word and just ordered a new vette..

Seven weeks later I had forgotten about the car, got a call from the dealer the car was in..

I took a ferry to a train.. got picked up by the dealership..

Drove home, parked the car down the block and asked the wifey if she wanted me to go pick up dinner..

When I came back and the garage door opened and a beautiful red corvette pulled in..

I swear my wife almost swallowed her cigarette and I laughed..

I got out of the car and she said ...I'm glad you finally did something for yourself.. Best thing I ever did for my marriage..

Been a vette family ever since..

Just last year she did up the kids bathroom with a ton of corvette memorbila (Sp) Corvette photos and corvette wall paper boarder, Corvette shower curtain, she even painted corvette letters and had them run veritical down the wall..

Its kind a cool.

So although I get a ton of young girls smiling at me as I cruise the vette...and its a big hit at the health club I work out at.. I'll keep my present model wife till death do us part...

When a woman wants her man to be fufilled in life...She's a keeper!

To return the favor? I retired this year at 48 and could have bought myself a new corvette but decided I'd rather first buy her a new luxury car. Either the new Mercedes AWD or a 2008 CTS AWD. Whatever she likes...

Turnaround is fair play and I can easily get more time out of my existing Z.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very well stated.:agree:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I broke the turn signals off my 66 when it fell off jack stands, I was waiting at a stop light signaling a left turn and an awesome woman on a bike rode up clutched my arm to her chest for balance, gave me a sweet, sweet smile and a wink. She kissed my hand when the light turned and we went our separate ways. A memorable experience that I owe to the Vette and broken turn signals:laughing:

No offense to anyone but, any woman that is with you or went out with you only because you own a Vette is not worth having. Any man that needs a Vette to get laid has other problems that will surface for the woman later.

I once told a woman I thought was doing this, "Next time I will just send the Red Racer" (knick for my old '66 427 Vert).

I California we used to call these women BBDs because all they were looking for was a Bigger Better Deal:D

Want a trophy date? Get a mistress. It is cheaper in the long run and you can trade up when you want:rolling:

:cheers:

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have an EX-wife partly cause of my Vette.

My new license plate frame reads
DIVORCED - I got her debt
But kept the VETTE - I win

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I understand the whole "if she is only with you for the Vette" thing. I guess what I'm really asking, is how much joy of companionship can you attribute to having the Vette?. Regardless of what you have to offer a woman/man other than having a Vette.
Guys on sportbikes have access to young hot girls.
Guys on cruisers have access to older hot women.
What type of action are the Vette guys getting?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts