Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many guys would buy...a detailed, C4 big block engine installation conversion manual with a bunch of pictures, all the part numbers and detailed instructions on converting the wiring, drivetrain ETC.

similar to this (the datsun /chevy V8) or (JAG chevy V8) manuals

https://shell7.tdl.com/~jags/OrderingBooks.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would.

·
Registered
76 Posts
how many guys would buy...a detailed, C4 big block engine installation conversion manual with a bunch of pictures, all the part numbers and detailed instructions on converting the wiring, drivetrain ETC.

similar to this (the datsun /chevy V8) or (JAG chevy V8) manuals

https://shell7.tdl.com/~jags/OrderingBooks.html
Are you trying to get me killed?? By my wife?? Oh sure...the book is no problem...but if I start entertaining the notion of putting a RAT motor in the Corvette....that would postpone her getting her 67-69 Camaro and that would get me killed....:nuts:

BY all means....do it!!!:partyon:

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
Are you trying to get me killed?? By my wife?? Oh sure...the book is no problem...but if I start entertaining the notion of putting a RAT motor in the Corvette....that would postpone her getting her 67-69 Camaro and that would get me killed....:nuts:

BY all means....do it!!!:partyon:
Death comes easy sometimes...beware the wife!!

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Jag CHevy would be sweet for an XKE or a modern X-Type XS.

I think another hot conversion would be the LS in a Volvo S60 type R.

I think they would sell a few, to shops mostly.

:cheers:

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Great idea!
And I wish somebody would write one for the GM '77 - '96 B/C bodies while we're on the subject. Half-a-mind to do that one myself.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Rats rule

I would for sure. I am debating what to do with a hi mileage 35th anniv 88 right now....and it definitely doesn't include restoration, preservation, or anything lame.

I want a car that runs better than my 2001 ls1 powered SS Camaro.

and Rat power is what I'd love. and 502 cubic inches is what I'd like

I don't have time to figure it all out. I want someone to tell me how to get there with pics to show the way.

Send me any prepublish editing versions you wish.

Jk ...I would gladly pay for the expertise.

·
Super Moderator
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not yet!
I was wondering if it was worth the effort to detail the steps and procedures , take lots of pictures, mearsurements and list part numbers ETC.,durring the engine swap on my corvette in manual form for those guys wanting to duplicate the process, Ive done this on several corvettes in the past and worked on others that were done by other people, but see most guys are reluctant to dive into a swap like that unless every last detail & change is explained first:thumbsup:

want to jump in heres the basics

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81394

if you want detailed pictures, and measurements ill take the time and effort but it will be awhile, building my dream garage used most of my spare income and Im still in the process of finnishing that EXTENSIVE project :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I know the thread is old but have you done your garage yet. haha i need the BB manual so i can be the first to have a C4 with 572 in W.A. Australia. Been in a C3 with a 572 and i know how much better it woild feel in my C4, grumpy as i know you do from what i've read on previous threads.:devil:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Could you imagine what even a very mild BBC would do to a LSx?
Imagination regarding the capability of BBC's is not required.
On my part, anyway.

This is a photo of the oil cooler and accumulator for my mild BBC in a
3,000 lb A-body. If you look closely, you can see the anti-reversion
cone for #2 primary on an exhaust I designed based on Jim Feuling's
patent.

I put a 365HP LS5, the first of a series of BBC's, into the car in the
spring of 1978. That was then, this is now. Today I would base a
build on current technology.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts