Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

How many here...

2K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Hawaiian Punch 
#1 ·
have lowered their C5..and how much?

ive taken mine all the way down to one finger clearance between the tire and fender....looks and handles MUCH better :thumbsup:

#3 · (Edited)
I lowered mine just a tad.I can stick one finger between the tire and fender,but only at an angle,i can't straighten my finger across the top of the tire if that makes any senseI had to trim my spoiler in half(it's still only 1/2 inch off the ground)and removed the two side pieces,keep in mind i'm laying on the ground for this pic,thats why there is a hint of a gap between the tire and fender.You can't even stick your arm under the side rocker panels.Wouldn't have it any other way.I let Hawaiian Punch drive it,he said"damn,that thing handles like a go-cart".Still rides good too,i have the FE-3 spring.

#4 ·
thats exactly what mine handles like... i have the Z51 package

#5 · (Edited)
Do you have the stock shocks still,i do,and there toast.:laughing: And it still rides good.I will get custom shocks soon,with rims and tires all same time.I'll search the gallery for a pic of your car,do you have any?
Edit-thats an old avitar picture,iv'e lowered it more since that pic was taken.:thumbsup:

#8 ·
black flames?

yes the car is still lowered...more so in the front though. had a harder time getting the front to drop

#9 · (Edited)
I saw a yellow with black flames in a mag,and it was stunning.I removed the front bolts and tossed them,i also took the rubber pads (inboard on the spring)trimmed a 1/2 off of there also.I can clear on very small speed bumps,like 2" high.Not to sound negitive,my car is way lower than your picture.If you slide your foot under the car below were the door handle is,you would stop before you got to your ankle.Take-er down some more.You'll need bump-steer kit though.:laughing:
If you look at the bottom of my rocker panel,it's even with the bottom of my rims.perfect:excited:

#13 ·
its very easy...ill see if u can get ya some directions

#15 ·
I dropped her an inch. About as low as I could go and still be drivable around San Jose.

#16 ·
hawaii-5-lo said:
I lowered mine just a tad.I can stick one finger between the tire and fender,but only at an angle,i can't straighten my finger across the top of the tire if that makes any senseI had to trim my spoiler in half(it's still only 1/2 inch off the ground)and removed the two side pieces,keep in mind i'm laying on the ground for this pic,thats why there is a hint of a gap between the tire and fender.You can't even stick your arm under the side rocker panels.Wouldn't have it any other way.I let Hawaiian Punch drive it,he said"damn,that thing handles like a go-cart".Still rides good too,i have the FE-3 spring.
Here's a better angle Todd....

#21 · (Edited)
Patrick said:
How did Hawaiian Punch get so low with his C4?
Howzit everyone!!:partyon: Pat, I did the same thing's as Hawaii 5-Lo did, I cut the rubber piece off of the spring and bolt it back on like that, and also to get it as low as it can go without coil over's, I cut out the rubber piece the the spring sit's on in the a frame or a-arm, of course I left a little bit there so the spring will still be protected.

Here's a close up of the front...........

.........................and the back.

1 finger at an angle low on the front.................

.....................and back.

#22 ·
Hawaiian Punch said:
Howzit everyone!!:partyon: Pat, I did the same thing's as Hawaii 5-Lo did, I cut the rubber piece off of the spring and bolt it back on like that, and also to get it as low as it can go without coil over's, I cut out the rubber piece the the spring sit's on in the a frame or a-arm, of course I left a little bit there so the spring will still be protected.
I cut the rubber piece off the control arm. At first my car came down an inch... then I put on Z51 shocks, now the car is back to normal ride height.

I can't get the front lowered! So, I guess I need to cut the rubber piece off the spring? Is that where people put "wedges" in?

#23 · (Edited)
Patrick said:
I cut the rubber piece off the control arm. At first my car came down an inch... then I put on Z51 shocks, now the car is back to normal ride height.

I can't get the front lowered! So, I guess I need to cut the rubber piece off the spring? Is that where people put "wedges" in?
Yes, thats one of the place's that I'm revering to, to cut off the rubber piece's from, but the other is where the spring sit's in the a arm on each side of the front wheel's, the rubber pece's are also glued underneath the spring like it is at the other location where it bolt's up in the center of the car between the 2 bracket's .
Let me know if you want me to take pictures, it'll only take a second ok Pat?
..................cut the rubber peice off the control arm?:huh:

#24 ·
Hawaiian Punch said:
Yes, thats one of the place's that I'm revering to, to cut off the rubber piece's from, but the other is where the spring sit's in the a arm on each side of the front wheel's, the rubber pece's are also glued underneath the spring like it is at the other location where it bolt's up in the center of the car between the 2 bracket's .
Let me know if you want me to take pictures, it'll only take a second ok Pat?
..................cut the rubber peice off the control arm?:huh:
Yea, Vettewrench did it for me, I remember the rubber piece was on top of the lower control arm.

Bubblehead was there... maybe he remembers. I'll ask him.

PLEASE take pictures. I want to get my car slammed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.