Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a reasonable horse power limit for a TH 350. If anyone knows, I would appreciate it. I've been thinking about a strong 383 Stroker, somewhere in the 450 HP area. Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
IMO....Stock overhaul configuration should handle 300hp. Performance overhaul 400-450hp. I'd step up to a TH400 stock overhaul configuration that can handle 450hp easilly.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I cant put a number on it, but I have known guys with cars that would run 10 second quarter mile times with TH350s in them.
I wouldnt worry about 450 hp as long as you have a transmission with a decent performance rebuild.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I cant put a number on it, but I have known guys with cars that would run 10 second quarter mile times with TH350s in them.
I wouldnt worry about 450 hp as long as you have a transmission with a decent performance rebuild.
:agree:

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
And put in an external tranny cooler (not the stock one in the radiator)!

·
Registered
116 Posts
IMO....Stock overhaul configuration should handle 300hp. Performance overhaul 400-450hp. I'd step up to a TH400 stock overhaul configuration that can handle 450hp easilly.
I tend to disagree on that. It all depends on how you are going to use it. Remember parts on a street tired car that doesn't get traction will last way longer than something with slicks and hooking up. Then think about how much the vehicle weights and what parts you are going to replace on your performance rebuild.

I would personally throw a lot of money at a TH350 before switching to a power robbing TH400. I also don't see any reason a built TH350 won't hold the power level that you are talking about in a Vette.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts