Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question for all you C5 owners out there... What kind of gas mileage have you been getting? How much does it cost you to fill the tank up?

thanks!

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
I have been averaging about 22 miles per gallon, but I only have 800 miles on the car. To fill it up from half a tank costs me around $19. I haven't let it go below half a tank yet.

·
Banned
591 Posts
Depends if you believe the DIC or not.
I don't.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,549 Posts
I trust my DIC. :laughing: On long trip, DIC will show 30-31 at 60-70 w/ no air.. In town on week days back and forth to work, grocery ,etc. about 22 or so on weekends in town drops to about 16-18

·
Registered
90 Posts
I get 18.5 miles to the gallon in the city, and thins weekend I got 27.3 on cruise at 74 miles and hour and to fill it up takes 20$

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
It takes me $30 bucks(2.28 a gal in hawaii) to fill if on empty(rarely).but i don't pay attention to the milage.As a matter of fact a few more mods and it will go down some.It suprises me that the C5 gets such good milage for a car with 350 horses and 360 ft lbs of torque.:buhbye:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought my Corvette for the grin factor not to worry about the gas mileage. Come on enjoy your Corvette and save the wave.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Redvett01 said:
I bought my Corvette for the grin factor not to worry about the gas mileage. Come on enjoy your Corvette and save the wave.
:agree:

I just drive it but it does gets a ton more mpg then my F150. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
22 to 23 mpg in town ... normally 26 to 27 mpg on the highway ... as high as 30 mpg once on a long road trip .. way cool ..

:buhbye:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I have yet to get better than 22 on current car or when I had my 98. 17 around town and yesterday (Sunday) did a 330 mile trip with the cruise at 75 I got 21.3 (dic) and found 93 octane for $1.61 a gallon, filled up with 91 miles "left" per dic, for I think $19.00? don't have receipt handy.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I'd like to think so too. Addison to Peoria, 355 to 55 to 74 and back, cruise set at 75, a few short blips to 80 to get away from the asses that pass and slow down. DIC said 21.3. That was this past Sunday. Automatic with 3:15 gear, just turned 5100 miles.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
stilcrazee said:
I'd like to think so too. Addison to Peoria, 355 to 55 to 74 and back, cruise set at 75, a few short blips to 80 to get away from the asses that pass and slow down. DIC said 21.3. That was this past Sunday. Automatic with 3:15 gear, just turned 5100 miles.
Hmm. Seems low.:(

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you dont reset the average miles computed it will keep computing the total since last reset. You have to reset before a trip or fillup. You may also try resetting and checking out by miles & gal. used and compare but i bet you will find the cars computer is very accurate. My 01 A4 with 3:15 stock will get no worse than 22-24 mpg with 145-150 mph blasts on a trip like across S. Dakota to Spearfish. <VBG>:cheers:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Redvett01 said:
If you dont reset the average miles computed it will keep computing the total since last reset.
I heard that if you never reset the average on the DIC that it automaticly resets after 20 gallons of gas is consumed.

You guys get great gas mileage compaired to me. I almost never get it on the highway so i couldnt tell you my average there. But, on the streets going to and from work and friends houses i get an average of 14.5... but thats just cause my big heavy right foot. As of right now i couldnt care less, the price of gas in northern California has dropped a bunch. 6 months ago i was paying 2.40 - 2.50 a gallon. Now its like 1.75 for premium! :partyon:

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm geeting 22 mpg....Better than my F150 I was getting about 10!
I commute 100 miles a day.
Funny my commute is'nt that bad anymore since I got the vette 2 months ago.:D

·
Registered
288 Posts
2002 M6- I get 19-21 around town. Last long trip I took, I was doing a steady 75-80 and got 28.5. Of course I fill up right before the trip and reset Avg MPH on the DIC. Around here (Memphis, TN area) premium 93 Oct costs $1.50-1.54 so a fill up casts around $24-25.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts