Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
The Firehawks I have on now are my first set of Z rated tires. I really can't remember what the odometer read when I put them on but I know it was right after I bought the car w/ 67k miles. I now have just over 92k and I'm ready for another set. If I need to, and this includes storing the car for the winter, I can last through maybe mid summer before they are bald like a slick.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John.

I'm at about 25k and they're looking a bit "thin", shall we say. The tires are Dunlops and came as part of a wheel/tire package I purchased from AFS.

Obviously Santa will have to bring me some new ones (w/ 17 x 11's in the rear :D). I just wasn't sure if they are wearing out prematurely.

Are you happy with the Firehawks? I'll probably switch to another brand of tire when I buy the new ones.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Brian,

GroovyJay reminded me of what I forgot to add to that. :laughing: I drive it hard, get wheel spin if/when I take off aggressively but I haven't done any burnouts w/ these tires. I liked them a lot when they were new. Good wet and dry and they are pretty quiet. Had them up to 95mph in a rainstorm when new and had zero wheelspin. I just wish they'd last a little longer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Depends on a lot of things - how soft the tire compound is (wear rating), how aggressively you drive, how well you monitor tire pressure and alignment, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts