Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can save a bundle of $$$ through Hagerty verses Farmers....I'm trying to figure out if I want to. Really the only drawback is having to watch the mileage.

Does anyone here insure there C6 with a company like Hagerty or Grundy?:huh:

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Hi,

My use of the car does not qualify me for such insurances, I did look at them though.

:cheers:

Fluffy

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

My use of the car does not qualify me for such insurances, I did look at them though.

:cheers:

Fluffy
Guess a collector car insurance company wouldn't look to kindly on a C6 in the snow.:laughing: Heck they don't even want you anywhere near a grocery store or a Circle K with their insured cars.:laughing: That's the only "other" drawback as I do like to take mine on the occasional errand or three.:D

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have Grundy...

No mileage limit.

Here are the rules -

1. Must be garaged every night. (unless travelling)
2. Not used as a daily driver (they don't want you driving it to work)
3. No drivers under 25 years old.

I pay $600 per year full coverage, no deductable, 2010 Grand Sport Vert, agreed value of $60,000. Cheap by comparison to some of the mainstream ins. companies I've seen!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I have Grundy...

No mileage limit.

Here are the rules -

1. Must be garaged every night. (unless travelling)
2. Not used as a daily driver (they don't want you driving it to work)
3. No drivers under 25 years old.

I pay $600 per year full coverage, no deductable, 2010 Grand Sport Vert, agreed value of $60,000. Cheap by comparison to some of the mainstream ins. companies I've seen!

I need to look into this!

Thanks for starting this post :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Hmmm. I have full coverage, can drive it anytime I want, and pay a about $950/year. I also have accident forgiveness.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I need to look into this!

Thanks for starting this post :thumbsup:
Well, I'd never drive it to work anyway. In rush hour traffic? Are you kiddin' me?!!!!!

I have a Pontiac GTP as my DD and the Vette sits in the garage all winter. During "Cruising" season (April to October) we do a lot of road trips and car shows... about 3000-4000 per year.

So Grundy is ideal for me.

As the car depreciates in the first 3 years, I'll lower the agreed value and my rates will go down.

My '03 Vert was insured for $30k and it was about $350 per year with Grundy.

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Guess a collector car insurance company wouldn't look to kindly on a C6 in the snow.:laughing:
Initially they were open to it, they then asked for a photo, I sent this one and never heard from them again

Never understood why ...

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Initially they were open to it, they then asked for a photo, I sent this one and never heard from them again

Never understood why ...
You may want to try whichever company the Canadian Mounted Police use to insure their horses...
:smack

·
Registered
846 Posts
06 Z06, State Farm, $56 per month. No limits. If I didn't drive to work, or the store, I don't know when I would drive the car.

I have quite a bit of insurance, with this agent, so I think I get a lot of discounts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts