Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored on this rainy Michigan day, Vettes tucked away in the garage, me warm in the house watching TV, and I noticed that my diecast needed dusting. I set out to do just that. Then I noticed that the finish on some seemed just a bit dull. I had this bottle of Meguiar's Quik Wax (spray on stuff), so I decided to give it a try on my diecast. It really shined them up, and it was almost as much fun as waxing the real car in a fraction (about 1:18th) the time!

Anyone else wax their diecast collection?

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I did that a few times to the GS diecast! I used some quick detailer..... and it sure made it look perty!:cheers:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
Ya'll are sick or very bored:laughing:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I waxed my C3 models and put the tire shine on the wheels then put it in a case. Now I just dust the case.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Man.. That gives me an Idea...

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I was looking at some diecast last weekend at a hobby store and the guy told me about waxing the cars. It never occured to me to do this. So I came home and have gave it a try on one of my favs and I will probably do it to the rest. May have to get me some more detailing stuff, toothbrush to get the small areas and some tire stuff. He did tell me to take it easy on some because the paint will come off.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Re: Re: How many of you wax your diecast?

RT66Z06 said:
Everytime I try, the buffer spins the car off into the neighbors yard and I can't get them back because of his dog.

Ray

:rolling:

·
Registered
39 Posts
HUH ????

I usually take mine to a professional detail shop. Only the best for my Corvettes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts