Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of our C3's wished they had kept them? I know I wish I would have kept one of my early Mustangs. I bet a bunch of the original owners are kicking their own ass today for selling.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Regrets! Regrets! Regrets!
I sure wish I'd hung onto about 6 cars from my past!
As for the current vette, my '75 cpe, I'm the 3rd owner. But this hasn't reduced the amt of 'bubba' work done to it, unfortunately!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I Still Have My Last C3 (1975)

Had a 73 that I traded in for the 1975 L82 after I crashed the 73 and it was fixed by the insurance company. When I moved to California, I had it restored and repainted. A year later, after I bought my 1990 ZR1, I let the wife drive the C3 and she blew a rod. (Don't know to this time, how that happened). It stayed in the garage for almost ten years.

Almost lost it last year when the wife almost took a bait from the contractor whom I hired to do our house remodeling. The contractor tried to make her trade the car "as is" for some interior work in the house! Thank God, I came home in time to stop the deal... I just couldn't part with it yet; just have the sentimental values, I guess; memories when I was still single...

Now it is currently being modified and put together: new ZZ4 engine, VB&P Performance Plus suspension, new VB&P brake calipers, HydraBoost brakes, steeroids, new seats, new carpet, aluminum radiator with DeWitt dual fans, Hedman headers with Jet-Hot coating in and out, true dual exhaust with custom straight pipes and JCL's STS baffles, afterwhich I'll get the L88 hood with functional air chamber and air cleaner system, Shark Bar 1, RONAL custom wheels, and have it repainted as Torch Red, etc., etc. Can't wait till it's finished!

bari

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Had a 68 that I restored a number of years back. Would still like to have it, but it paid for the piece of property I now live on, so I guess I don't mind having sold it. ;)

Here's a pic.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Right now I am restoring my dads 75'. He was the second owner of the car and never let go of it. The only problem is he didnt keep up with it either. Ten years of sitting in the driveway will do a lot to a car that already has 175k miles on it. I started takin it apart when i was about 10 and am only now making headway. With the new job I hope to have it done in a couple of years putting me about 21... just in time to help bring down the insurance cost :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts