·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Lets see.

6 TV's
6 VCR's
2 DVD players
1 Surround sound system
Bought 3 universal remotes to combine some of the others. So lets see that would be.

18 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh forgot the remotes for the garage door and the gate openers. Add 5 more. Total 23. :laughing: :laughing:

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Main floor Remotes

1- TV
1- DVD
1- VCR
1- Receiver/CD Player
1- Cable Box
2- X10
1- Computer (fro TV card)
1- Camcorder

Second Floor
1- TV
1- VCR
1- X10

Basement
1- TV
1- DVD
1- Receiver

Explanation of X10. It is a Home Automation system I use mainly for Lights, I never have to manually change Sunrise or Sunset timers. I can also control everything that I have modules connected to from my PC or the various remotes

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
2 in the bedroom (tv and dvd)
1 in the computer room (tv)
3 in the living room (tv, stereo,vcr and cd player)
1 in the kitchen (tv)
2 in the garage (tv and surround sound)
and on extra for Bob88's gate although I always forget it when I go over there:lookinup:

for a grand total of:10 I'm not counting the one I shattered when the Raiders lost.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have a bunch of remotes for everything from my ceiling fans to my Home Theatre stuff but I have a touch screen LCD remote that is Universal that controls everything problem is the thing eats batteries like a hungry fat kid in a candy store.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I dunno. I have 5 tv's several vcr's a couple of dvd's. Hell, I dunno. I have so many remotes laying around I am lucky if i can tune in O'Reily and the No Spin Zone.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,413 Posts
Too damn many! But I now have two less than I did yesterday. I got looking around and found two for TVs that we don't have anymore. They are now a paperwieght in the trash can. Why do we keep so much junk. I guess it's the pack rat syndrome.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Figured I would save this thread from the second page!:laughing: But...I have 3 in my room (wouod have 4 but I lost the remote to my stereo about a year ago). In the whole house I got about 9 or 10!

·
Registered
335 Posts
1 remote. universal Touch sceen runs everything in the house. The problem is that I have to carry it everywhere I go. I still have all the original remotes in each room because I always leave the Touch Screen in the room I was in last.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
basecorvette said:
1 remote. universal Touch sceen runs everything in the house. The problem is that I have to carry it everywhere I go. I still have all the original remotes in each room because I always leave the Touch Screen in the room I was in last.
Tell me more about this......

·
Registered
335 Posts
Patrick,

I have a Philips TSU6000 COLOR PRONTO. This remote is connected to every electronic device in my house.

Here is the link if you want to check it out.

http://bizrate.lycos.com/marketplace/product_info/details__cat_id--11800000,prod_id--6663128.html

When I bought it I thought it was a great idea. But now I never carry it from room to room. It mostly stays in the living room now.
There are remotes now that are half the price i paid for mine. If you like the concept, I would go with a cheaper Sony.

basecorvette

·
Registered
103 Posts
way way way to many

Ha ha ha Remotes?? Well Let me tell you

My Bedroom:
(1) stereo
(1) TV
(1) VCR
(1) Direct TV
(1) DVD

Next Bedroom
(1) stereo
(1) TV
(1) VCR
(1) Direct TV
(1) DVD
(1) CD BURNER

Next Bedroom
(1) TV
(1) VCR
(1) Direct TV
(1) DVD

Living Room
(1) stereo
(1) TV
(2) VCR's
(1) Direct TV
(1) DVD
(1) Light
(1) Tivo
(1) Seperate Cd Player
(1) In the couch from the old TV
(1) stuffed in a pull out draw section the couch old DVD player

Car #1
(1) Remote Start
(1) Remote Garage Opener

Car#2
(1) Remote Garage Opener

Car #3
(1) Remote Start
(1) Remote Garage Opener

Vette
(1) Garage Opener only :(

Grand total 32 Remotes in all - Now even Better can you imagine the batteries all these use and the cost of batteries!!:surprised

1 - 19 of 19 Posts