Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hmmmm....

About 40 probably....Thank goodness for Carfax, I found a pile of OD rollbacks, salvage cars, cars with damage that had been poorly repaired...

I originally wanted Comp Yellow...but instead it turned into "the first nice one I see".

Jumped in a plane and flew an hour north to see the one I eventually bought...

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MinnesotaWhite said:
Hmmmm....

About 40 probably....Thank goodness for Carfax, I found a pile of OD rollbacks, salvage cars, cars with damage that had been poorly repaired...

I originally wanted Comp Yellow...but instead it turned into "the first nice one I see".

Jumped in a plane and flew an hour north to see the one I eventually bought...
WOW!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
About ten when I bought my first vette, My GS was the second one I looked at.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Dudeurgettnavette said:
Maybe 10.......Most were POS!

No Doubt!!!

When I bought th '89, I had planned to find a vert, but found what horrible condition some onwers leave their cars in. I couldn't find one I could afford that wasn't completely ragged.

It's sad really. Oh, and I looked at seven before giving up on the vert idea... :nuts:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
how many vettes

i live in the north east so vettes do not top the list in the want ads,i must have been to the homes of at least 12,and boy were so of them a real pos,oweners that dont have a clue,and over price everything,thinking that if you drive 250 miles,your hooked.i got mine from a retired poastal worker ,who biggest ambition at the time was to build a exten.on his garage.much to his delight i came a long,and yes he was up-front on all this car needed,and the price was adjusted forwith.i am pleased with this deal,but something brewing in the near furture,1992 teal six speed.as allways (save the wave )kenney 1984

·
Registered
103 Posts
Actually went to Bill Jacobson to by a Camaro SS I found on GmBuYpower.com, ended up seeing the new EB in August 2001, Looked at a vert but i didn't like the one they had - a tan top on it with tan interior, wanted black, then I decided I should save a lil money and go for the coupe, I found one I liked, told them I would be back Tomorrow, (after I talked to the G/F...make sure she wanted to wait a lil bit before we planned on getting a house together or married) Went back to pick it up ----SOLD.... I was driving out of the lot when a semi-pulled in with another EB coupe on the back, all the options I wanted but no polished wheels so the swapped them to Triple chrome, signed the papers and happy ever since!!!!

So basically 2 vette's prior to my baby being driven in!!! A min later I would of purchased a camaro SS.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BLUBYU2002C5 said:
Actually went to Bill Jacobson to by a Camaro SS I found on GmBuYpower.com, ended up seeing the new EB in August 2001, Looked at a vert but i didn't like the one they had - a tan top on it with tan interior, wanted black, then I decided I should save a lil money and go for the coupe, I found one I liked, told them I would be back Tomorrow, (after I talked to the G/F...make sure she wanted to wait a lil bit before we planned on getting a house together or married) Went back to pick it up ----SOLD.... I was driving out of the lot when a semi-pulled in with another EB coupe on the back, all the options I wanted but no polished wheels so the swapped them to Triple chrome, signed the papers and happy ever since!!!!

So basically 2 vette's prior to my baby being driven in!!! A min later I would of purchased a camaro SS.
Great story! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
If I count the classifieds, Auto trader, e-bay and every car lot I ever stopped in for a B.S. session and a test drive, well I lost count a long time ago. I always wanted a GS and my wife finally said one day “why don’t you quit looking and buy one”. Man that was all it took. I had been talking and emailing a guy in Kansas City about his GS. Long story short I flew into Kansas checked out the GS and drove home (with the wife) 1400 miles. We had a great trip. The funny thing is I still keep looking, but I don’t test drive anymore..................:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looked at about 6 when I bought the '75 over 3 years ago. All where local to my location.
Just bought the '99 2 weeks ago, and looked at over 30 on the internet, looked at 2 of those in person and bought the 99 out of Dallas (over 800 miles away). I had no problem buying the car over the telephone and making a long distance purchase.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Searched for months to find something in my pricerange, red, auto, low miles. Wish I would've known more about a c5 but I was the first one in our group to get one and didn't know about the performance axle :nuts: If I would've waited one more year the market went down and I could've got a newer one :spanked:

Ended up using The Vette Net.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts