Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you would have to do anything to the engine If one were to be running 7lbs of boost from that sts turbo? would the bottom end have to be forged or anything like that?

·
Registered
151 Posts
7 psi is nothing to be worried about. Tune properly based on your fuel and don't give it a second thought.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
7lbs is within reason-6lbs may be better, but 7 isn't too crazy. The tranny can take it, but good luck with the rear end.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I take it that 5lbs would be better then. with the sts turbo kit I plan on buying I would get 487rwhp with 5lbs and 537rwhp with 7lbs. Either way I plan on buying a Rear Differential Strut Brace from east coast vettes and getting pdfat coilovers so that I can eliminate wheel hop and strengthen the rear end of the car.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
No, 6psi is fine, 7 is just a little high. Since you're getting the Pfadt coilovers and a diff brace this should really help your rear-ends durability.:thumbsup:

Also I believe it is the torque that will kill your components, not so much the hp.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, 6psi is fine, 7 is just a little high. Since you're getting the Pfadt coilovers and a diff brace this should really help your rear-ends durability.:thumbsup:

Also I believe it is the torque that will kill your components, not so much the hp.
well the the torque to the rear wheels with 5lbs would be 501 and it would be 558 with 7lbs so the amount of torque is even higher.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts