Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
As little as possible. And, add the winter stabilizer. Then, you just fill up the tank to full in the spring.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Full tank. I've heard that it keeps the moisture from forming inside the tank. I've used the full method for the last 7 years and it seems to work.

I start them up during the winter months so when spring comes around I'm at 3/4 tank on both.

In the springtime I burn the tank down to 1/4 tank and refill with new gas.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ummm:huh: since one guy says empty & the other says full I went with 1/2!:huh: I just got back from storing it!:( I definetly needed a break from the car....This season has been hell with repairs!:nuts: I bought a new steering column(upgraded to carbon fiber wheel), upper (chrome expensive) rad house,fan, rear end & now the damm electrical/starting thing......plus a few mods. My Vette was a real $ pit this year....plus it seemed to rain every other day!:( :down: I hope next year is a better year for vetting for me.:huh:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,524 Posts
ragvette and naturalhi are right. The fuller the better. There is less chance for condensation to form. Condensation is water droplets which translates to WATER

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
ragvette and naturalhi are right. The fuller the better. There is less chance for condensation to form. Condensation is water droplets which translates to WATER
When everything is equal temperature in his garage, how exactly is condensation going to be formed?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Eric....

I was told both ways too, one said full, one said near empty. Your choice is good, just dump some stabilizer in there and you'll be ok.

When I had strong discipline, in 00...it sat THE ENTIRE WINTER. I didn't drive it once, that's how I stored the car and didn't start the engine 'til I was going to drive it around.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jay 383 said:
Eric....

I was told both ways too, one said full, one said near empty. Your choice is good, just dump some stabilizer in there and you'll be ok.

When I had strong discipline, in 00...it sat THE ENTIRE WINTER. I didn't drive it once, that's how I stored the car and didn't start the engine 'til I was going to drive it around.
That is what I did last year....Plan on doing it again. :lookinup:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I'll Fill mine up about once a week
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
I'm SOOOO glad I moved south

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I lived in columbus, Ohio for 41 years.... I'M SICK of SNOW!!!
I moved south to keep warm and
I'LL NEVER PUT MY TOY'S AWAY AGAIN!!!

Fill Your Tank!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JCswm said:
I lived in columbus, Ohio for 41 years.... I'M SICK of SNOW!!!
I moved south to keep warm and
I'LL NEVER PUT MY TOY'S AWAY AGAIN!!!

Fill Your Tank!!
LOL...I am just jeolous...Maybe when I retire I can be a southerner!:D

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
or you could move here....

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
you could work at J & N Chevrolet,or the Ferrari dealer,i will introduce you to all the doctor's at work.they will buy from you,and you can retire.i see there car's every day.:surprised .i'd still take the vette though.but that's just me.

oh,this might be the only other place you can take your carb/motored car...:laughing:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hawaii-5-lo said:
you could work at J & N Chevrolet,or the Ferrari dealer,i will introduce you to all the doctor's at work.they will buy from you,and you can retire.i see there car's every day.:surprised .i'd still take the vette though.but that's just me.

oh,this might be the only other place you can take your carb/motored car...:laughing:
I would love to move to there but I have a great job & all my family is here...maybe in 30 years when I retire.:lookinup:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Hey Todd does everything over on the island cost more then the mainland?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts